Thermal properties of multiblock thermoplastic elastomerswith oligoamide soft blocks derived from dimerized fatty acid
- 71 Downloads
Two series of multiblock copolymers, poly(ester-block-amide)s (PEA) and poly(amide-block-amide)s (PAA), with the same type of oligoamide soft block were obtained. Oligoamide soft block was prepared from dimerized fatty acid and 1,6-hexamethylenediamine. Oligo(butylene terephthalate) (PBT) was used as oligoester hard block in the first series and oligolaurolactam (PA12) was oligoamide hard block in the second one. The thermal and mechanical properties of these copolymers have been investigated as functions of temperature and the hard/soft block ratio. DSC and DMTA revealed that the copolymers behaved as thermoplastic elastomers.
Keywordsdimerized fatty acid DMTA DSC multiblock copolymers mutual miscibility of soft and hard blocks phase structure thermal properties
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Holden, G 1996Thermoplastic Elastomers in: Polymeric Materials Encyclopaedia CRC PressNew York83438353Eds. J. C. SalamoneGoogle Scholar
- 2.Holden, G, Legge, NR, Quirk, R, Schoeder, HE 1996Thermoplastic ElastomersHanserMunichGoogle Scholar
- 3.Folkes, MJ 1985Processing, Structure and Properties of Block CopolymersElsevier Appl. Sci. PubLondonGoogle Scholar
- 4.Anil Bhowmick , K. , L. Stephens, H 2001Handbook of Elastomers2Marcel Dekker Inc.New YorkRevised and ExpandedGoogle Scholar
- 5.R. Ukielski, Multiblock Terpoly(ester-b-ether-b-amide) Elastomers, Synthesis, Structure Properties (in Polish) in Sci. Papers Technical University of Szczecin 2000, 503, pp. 1-150.Google Scholar
- 7.Kozlowska, A, Slonecki, J 1998Polimery (Warsaw)43188Google Scholar
- 8.Kozlowska, A 2002Polimery (Warsaw)47731Google Scholar
- 9.Van Krevelen, DW 1996Properties of Polymers, their Estimation and Correlation with Chemical StructureElsevier Sci. Pub. CoAmsterdamGoogle Scholar
- 10.Ukielski, R, Kozlowska, A 2003Polimery (Warsaw)48809Google Scholar
- 11.Ukielski , R, Piątek, M 2005Polimery (Warsaw)50793Google Scholar
- 13.Haponiuk, JT, Strankowski, M, Lazarewicz, T 2003J. Therm. Anal. Cal.74609Google Scholar