Patterning of sol gel thin films by capillary force assisted soft lithographic technique
- 381 Downloads
Patterning of sol gel based silica and silica–titania films has been developed at room temperature by soft lithographic technique. Corresponding metal alkoxides have been utilized for the preparation of precursor sols. Elastomeric stamps of polydimethylsiloxane (PDMS) are used to emboss patterns of a master grating on the as-prepared silica and silica–titania films obtained by sol gel process. Pressure-less capillary force lithography has been used to fabricate both 1-D and 2-D ordered structures of simple stripe patterns. A modified solvent assisted lithography and micro-molding in capillaries yielded stable and high fidelity 1-D structures for silica and silica–titania films over a large area.
KeywordsCapillary force lithography Sol–gel processing Patterning of thin films PDMS AFM
The authors would like to thank the Director, CGCRI, Kolkata for support and encouragement for the work. This work has been carried out under the sponsorship of DST, Govt. of India (Sanction No.: DST/TSG/PT/2006/74). Two authors (DS and RDR) thankfully acknowledge DST for providing their research fellowships.
- 1.Barrett CR (1993) Mater Res Soc Bull XVIII(7):3Google Scholar
- 2.Bryzek J (1996) Sensors July:4Google Scholar
- 4.Wu MC, Lin LY, Lee SS, King CR (1996) Laser Focus World February:64Google Scholar
- 7.Manz A (1996) CHIMIA 59:140Google Scholar
- 19.Wang HY, Deeman N, Gauzner G, US Patent No. 7033683Google Scholar
- 25.Herzig HP (1997) Micro-optics: elements, systems and applications. Taylor & Francis, LondonGoogle Scholar