Hydrothermal synthesis of cadmium sulfoselenide inclusion pigment
- 280 Downloads
In this communication, a hydrothermal method for synthesizing cadmium sulfoselenide inclusion pigment was introduced. The general synthesis procedure was as follows: (1) the hydrothermal preparation of CdS x Se(1−x)-CeO2 nanoparticles; (2) the dispersion of the CdS x Se(1−x)-CeO2 nanoparticles in a prehydrolyzed TEOS; (3) the formation of a CdS x Se(1−x)-CeO2-SiO2 nano-composite by the gelation of the prehydrolyzed TEOS; (4) the inclusion of the CdS x Se(1−x) into the SiO2-CeO2 matrices by a hydrothermal treatment. The crystalline phase, thermal effect, microstructure and L*a*b* color parameters of the pigment were investigated by X-ray diffraction (XRD), a Differential Scanning Calorimeter (DSC-TG), a transmission electron microscope (TEM) and a differential colorimeter. The results showed that CdS x Se(1−x) could be partially stabilized to more than 1100 °C by the hydrothermally-densified CeO2-SiO2 glassy phase. The inclusion pigment showed a stable red color at 1100 °C, though it was not bright red.
KeywordsCadmium sulfoselenide Inclusion pigment Hydrothermal Synthesis
This work was financially supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (50802030) and the China Postdoctoral Science Foundation (20070420136). Jieyi Lin is acknowledged for her help in preparing the manuscript. The authors are grateful to Chaolun Liang (Instumental Analysis & Research Center of SUN YAT-SEN University) for his help in TEM analysis.
- 5.Lambies LV, Rincon LJM (1981) Tran J Bri Ceram Soc 80:105Google Scholar
- 7.Broll A, Meyer SE, Beyer H, Mann H (1974) US patent 3847639Google Scholar
- 8.Wagner HB, Broll A (1977) US patent 4008091Google Scholar
- 9.Nishihara A, Tsunashima M (1991) US patent 5017231Google Scholar
- 10.Zhang Y, Deng JC, Gu XD (2006) Am Ceram Soc Bullet 3:9301Google Scholar
- 16.Hirano M, Kato E (1999) J Am Ceram Soc 82:786Google Scholar
- 17.Zhang Y, Zeng DZ, Rao PG, Shui AZ, Cao AH, Wu JQ (2008) J Ceram Soc Jpn (in press)Google Scholar
- 18.Keefer KD (1990) In: Zeigler JM, Fearon FWG (eds) Silicon based polymer science: a comprehensive resource. American Chemical Society, Washington DCGoogle Scholar