The diffusion of Pt in BST films on Pt/Ti/SiO2/Si substrate by sol-gel method
- 216 Downloads
Barium strontium titanate (Ba0.65Sr0.35TiO3) ferroelectric thin films have been prepared by sol-gel method on Pt/Ti/SiO2/Si substrate. The X-ray diffraction (XRD) pattern indicated that the films were a polycrystalline perovskite structure and the atomic force microscope (AFM) image showed that the crystallite size and the root mean square roughness (RMS) were 90 nm and 3.6 nm, respectively. The X-ray photoelectron spectrum (XPS) images showed that Pt consisting in BST thin films was the metallic state, and the Auger electron spectroscopy (AES) analysed the Pt concentration in different depth profiles of BST thin films. The result displayed that the Pt diffusion in BST thin film is divided into two regions: near the BST/Pt interface, the diffusion type was volume diffusion, and far from the interface correspondingly, the diffusion type became grain boundary diffusion. In this paper, the previous researcher’s result was used to verify our conclusion.
KeywordsBarium strontium titanate Thin film Auger electron spectroscopy X-ray photoelectron spectrum Pt diffusion
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Vicki Chen LY, Forse R, Chase D et al (2004) Analog Tunable Matching Network Using Integrated Thin-film BST Capacitors. IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Symposium Digest, vol 1, 2004 IEEE MITT-S International Microwave Symposium Digest, p 261–264Google Scholar
- 3.Huaping Xu, Hong Zhu, hashimoto K et al (2000) Preparation of BST Ferroelectric Thin Film by Pulsed Laser Ablation for Dielectric Bolometers. Vacuum 59(2–3): 628–634Google Scholar
- 10.Das SR, Das RR, Katiyar RS et al (2003) Influence of Ta2O5, TiO2, and ZrO2 Interfacial Layers on Structural and Electrical Properties of Laser Ablated Ba0.5Sr0.5TiO3 Thin Films. Mater Res Society Symposium-Proc 748:429–434Google Scholar
- 12.Chii-Ming Wu, Tai-Bor Wu (1997) Effects of LaNiO3 Conductive Buffer Layer on the Structural and Electrical Characteristics of Ba0.4Sr0.6TiO3 Thin Films Prepared by RF Magnetron Sputtering. Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, Part 1: Regular Papers & Short Notes & Review Papers, vol 36, n 3A, Mar, p 1164–1168Google Scholar
- 13.Park SJ, Lee J, Lee EH et al (2000) Role of SrRuO3 Buffer Layers in Enhancing Dielectric Properties of Ba0.5Sr0.5TiO3 Tunable Capacitors. Mater Res Society Symposium-Proc, 603:187–192Google Scholar