Preparation and second harmonic generation of nanosized Sb2S3 doped silica glasses by the sol-gel process
- 94 Downloads
The nanosized Sb2S3 doped silica glasses were prepared by the sol-gel method and the maximum dopant of Sb2S3 dissolvable in the silica is 7wt.%. XRD, HRTEM and FTFIR measurements indicated that the nanocrystal was formed in the matrix. The red shift with the increasing of the annealing time and temperature was observed by the transmission spectra measurements of the bulk, which was due to the quantum size effect. Second harmonic generation was also observed in the glasses irradiated by electron beam. The SH intensity of the sample was about four times larger than that of quartz as a reference.
KeywordsSol-gel Sb2S3 nanocrystal doped glasses Quantum size effect Second harmonic generation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Efros AL, Efros AL (1982) Sov Phys Semicond 16:772Google Scholar
- 4.Yumoto J, Fukushima S, Kubodera K (1987) Opt Lett 12:7315Google Scholar
- 6.Jiang D, Li G, Han H (1962) J Chin Ceram Soc 1(2):102Google Scholar
- 8.Osterberg U, Margulis W (1986) Opt Lett 11:516Google Scholar
- 11.Efros AIL, Efros AL (1982) Sov Phys Semicond 16(7):772Google Scholar
- 12.Ekimov AI, Efros AlL (1988) Phys Stat Sol 150:627Google Scholar
- 13.Liu Q, Gan F, Zhao X, Tanaka K, Narazaki A (2001) Opt Lett 26:1347Google Scholar
- 14.Lawandy NM, MacDonald RL (1991) J Opt Soc Am (B) 8(6):1307Google Scholar
- 15.Kazansky PG, Kamal A, Russell PStJ (1993) Opt Lett 18:693Google Scholar
- 19.Matsumoto S, Fujiwara T, Ohama M (1999) Opt Lett 24:1404Google Scholar