PLGA encapsulation effect on Bioquin-HMPAO: radiolabeling and in vitro behaviour on brain and lung cancer cells
- 147 Downloads
Bioquin-HMPAO (BH) was previously investigated as a novel brain imaging agent by in vivo biodistribution studies. Present studies are carried out to explore radiolabeling and in vitro behaviour evaluation of poly (lactic-co-glycolic acid) (PLGA) encapsulated BH nanocapsules (BH-PLGA NCs). BH-PLGA NCs were characterized utilizing dynamic light scattering and scanning electron microscope. Encapsulation effect on radiolabeling with 99mTc was examined by stability and lipophilicity studies and effect on in vitro behaviour of 99mTc-BH was evaluated by incorporation studies on DAOY, U87-MG and A549 cells. It is observed that PLGA encapsulation has a positive and reinforcement effect.
KeywordsBioquin-HMPAO PLGA encapsulation Radiolabeling 99mTc Brain cancer cells Incorporation
Current work is supported by Ege University Research Fund (contract no 2011 NBE 003). The authors thank to Cansu Uzaras and Çiğdem İçhedef for the technical assistance during the assays.
- 8.Locatelli E, Comes Franchini M (2012) Biodegradable PLGA-b-PEG polymeric nanoparticles: synthesis, properties, and nanomedical applications as drug delivery system. J Nanoparticle Res 14(1316):1–17Google Scholar
- 9.Kreuter J (1996) Nanoparticles and microparticles for drug and vaccine delivery. J Anat 189:503–505Google Scholar
- 11.Pereira MA, Mosqueira VCF, Vilela JMC, Andrade MS, Ramaldes GA, Cardoso VN (2008) PLA–PEG nanocapsules radiolabeled with 99mTc-HMPAO: release properties and physicochemical characterization by atomic force microscopy and photon correlation spectroscopy. Eur J Pharm Sci 33:42–51CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 13.Singh UV, Bisht KS, Rao S, Devi PU, Udupa N (1996) Plumbagin-loaded PLGA Microspheres with Reduced Toxicity and Enhanced Antitumour Efficacy in Mice. Pharm Pharmacol Commun 2:407–440Google Scholar
- 20.Mele’ndez-Alafort LM, Riondato M, Nadali A, Mele L, Banzato A, Camporese D, Boccaccio P, Uzunov N, Rosato A, Mazzi U (2006) Bioavailability of 99mTc-Ha-paclitaxel complex [99mTc-ONCOFID-P] in mice using four different administration routes. Nucl Med Biol 49:939–950Google Scholar
- 25.Schwochau K (2000) Technetium chemistry and radiopharmaceutical applications. Wiley-VCH, WinheimGoogle Scholar
- 26.Dischino DD, Welch JM, Kilbourn RM, Raichle EM (1983) Relationship Between Lipophilicity and Brain Extraction of C-11-Radiopharmaceuticals. J Nucl Med 24:1030–1038Google Scholar
- 27.Zolle I (2007) 99mTc pharmaceuticals preparation and quality control in nuclear medicine. Springer, New YorkGoogle Scholar