Adsorption of low concentration of uranium(VI) from aqueous solution by diethylenetriamine functionalized Cycas revoluta leaves
- 248 Downloads
A kind of functional plant composite adsorbent was prepared through diethylenetriamine modifing the Cycas revoluta leaves for low concentration of U(VI) in waste water. The dynamic behavior of the adsorption, the Langmuir and Freundlich equations and the thermodynamic parameters was were also examined in the present study. The experimental results showed that diethylenetriamine functionalized Cycas revoluta leaves used for low concentration of uranium possessed many advantages such as widely raw material sources, simple and economy for preparation, less adsorbent dosage, short balance time, high adsorption efficiency, good chemical and mechanical stability, and can be effective regeneration or reused.
KeywordsDiethylenetriamine Cycas revoluta leaves Uranium(VI) Thermodynamics Dynamics Adsorption
The authors gratefully acknowledge the support of the Natural Science Foundation of China [Nos. 91326106, U1401231 and 11475079], the Defense Industrial Technology Development Program [No. B3720132001], and the Innovation program of Doctor [No. 2015XCX01] in USC.
- 5.Wang JS, Zou XL, Jia L, Pi Y, Xie L, Shan DC (2015) Adsorption performance of low-strength U(VI) on α-ketoglutaric acid modified chitosan. Atomic Energy Sci Techno. 49:255–262Google Scholar
- 19.Motawie AM, Mahmoud KF, El-Sawy AA, Kamal HM, Hefni H, Ibrahiem HA (2014) Preparation of chitosan from the shrimp shells Preparation of chitosan from the shrimp shells and its application for pre-concentration of uranium after cross-linking with epichlorohydrin. Egypt J Pet 23:221–228CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 28.Marsh H, Rodriguez-Reinoso F (2006) Applicability of activated carbon. Activated carbon. Elsevier, Oxford, pp 383–453Google Scholar
- 31.Charrier MJ, Guibal E, Roussy J, Surjous R, LeCloirec P (1996) Dynamic removal of uranium by chitosan: influence of operating parameters. Water Sci Technol 34:169–177Google Scholar
- 40.Nie XQ, Dong FQ, Liu MX, Liu N, Zhang W, Yang XY (2013) Characteristics of U(IV) biosorption by biological adsorbent of platanus leaves. Spectrosc Spect Anal 33:1290–1294Google Scholar