Solid phase extraction of uranium(VI) on phosphorus-containing polymer grafted 4-aminoantipyrine
- 312 Downloads
Phosphorus-containing polymer grafted 4-aminoantipyrine has been synthesized and used for solid phase extraction of U(VI) prior to its UV–Visible spectrophotometric determination by using arsenazo(III). The adsorbent was characterized by using FT-IR and SEM analysis. The influence of parameters including pH, adsorbent dose, amount of complexing reagent, sample volume and matrix effect have been optimized. The detection limit was determined as 1.4 µg L−1 with preconcentration factor of 30 and RSD of 1.4 %. The accuracy was checked by the analysis of GBW07424 soil and TMDA-64.2 environmental water certified reference materials. The method was applied to natural water and soil samples.
KeywordsSolid phase extraction Spectrophotometry Determination Uranium Arsenazo(III)
Mansoor Khan is thankful to the Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TUBITAK) under “2216 Research Fellowship Programme for Foreign Citizens” for financial support. Authors are also thanks to Erkan Yilmaz for his helps.
- 3.WHO (2011) Guidelines for drinking-water quality, 4th edn. World Health Organization, GenevaGoogle Scholar
- 16.Florence T, Anal Y (1963) Spectrophotometric determination of uranium with 4-(2-Pyridylazo) resorcinol. Chem 35:1613–1616Google Scholar
- 18.Shariati S, Yamini Y, Zanjani MK (2008) Simultaneous preconcentration and determination of U(VI), Th(IV), Zr (IV) and Hf(IV) ions in aqueous samples using micelle-mediated extraction coupled to inductively coupled plasma-optical emission spectrometry. J Hazard Mater 156:583–590CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 23.Metilda P, Sanghamitra KJ, Gladis JM, Naidu G, Rao TP (2005) Amberlite XAD-4 functionalized with succinic acid for the solid phase extractive preconcentration and separation of uranium (VI). Talanta 65:192–200Google Scholar
- 27.Yousefi SR, Ahmadi SJ, Shemirani F, Jamali MR, Salavati-Niasari M (2009) Simultaneous extraction and preconcentration of uranium and thorium in aqueous samples by new modified mesoporous silica prior to inductively coupled plasma optical emission spectrometry determination. Talanta 80:212–217CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 42.Barfi B, Rajabi M, Asghari A (2016) A simple organic solvent-free liquid-liquid microextraction method for the determination of potentially toxic metals as 2-(5-bromo-2-pyridylazo)-5-(diethylamino)phenol complex from food and biological samples. Biol Trace Elem Res. doi: 10.1007/s12011-015-0489-y Google Scholar
- 43.Soylak M, Elci L, Dogan M (1996) Determination of some trace metal impurities in refined and unrefined salts after preconcentration onto activated carbon. Fresenius Environ Bull 5:148–155Google Scholar
- 46.Aydin FA, Soylak M (2010) Separation, preconcentration and inductively coupled plasma-mass spectrometric (ICP-MS) determination of thorium(IV), titanium(IV), iron(III), lead(II) and chromium(III) on 2-nitroso-1-naphthol impregnated MCI GEL CHP20P resin. J Hazard Mater 173:669–674CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 47.Kandhro GA, Kazi TG, Soylak M (2014) Solid phase extraction of thorium on multiwalled carbon nanotubes prior to UV-Vis spectrophotmetric determination in ore samples. At Spectrosc 35:270–274Google Scholar
- 49.Soylak M, Divrikli U, Elci L, Dogan M (1998) Column chromatographic preconcentration of copper, nickel and iron in ammonium salts by graphite furnace atomic absorption spectrometry. Kuwait J Sci Eng 25:389–396Google Scholar