Tracking inorganic elements in GRMD blood dogs submitted to hASCs investigated by NAA technique
- 92 Downloads
Investigation in blood of specific elements concentration are an important step in the development of new treatments. Recently, studies with human adipose derived from stromal cells injected systemic (medication that affects the entire body) into a golden retriever muscular dystrophy dogs shown to be able to express improvements in skeletal muscle. To check the alterations that this cell therapy may cause in the dogs, elements concentration in blood of treated dogs were investigated using NAA. These results were compared with the control and affected (untreated) dogs groups showing an improvement in Ca and Fe blood levels in treated dogs.
KeywordsBlood NAA Inorganic elements Duchenne muscular dystrophy hASCs treatment Golden retriever
We would like to acknowledge for financial support of the Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq) and Instituto de Pesquisas Energéticas e Nucleares (IPEN/CNEN-SP).
- 2.Matsuo M (1995) Duchenne muscular dystrophy. Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health 26:166–171Google Scholar
- 5.Muscular Dystrophy Campaign, Progress in Research. http://www.Muscular-dystrophy.org/. Accessed 5 Jun 2014
- 7.Worton RG, Molnar MJ, Brais B, Karpati G (2001) The muscular dystrophies. In: Scriver CR (ed) The metabolic and molecular bases of inherited disease, 8th edn. McGraw-Hill, New York, pp 5493–5524Google Scholar
- 8.Berchtold MW, Brinkmeier H, Muntener M (2000) Calcium ion in skeletal muscle: its crucial role for muscle function, plasticity, and disease. Physiol Rev 80(3):1215–1265Google Scholar
- 9.The Jackson Laboratory (2014) http://research.jax.org/mousegenetics/. Accessed 01 Aug 2015
- 14.Vieira NM, Valadares M, Zucconi E, Secco M, Bueno Junior CR, Brandalise V, Assoni A, Gomes J, Landini V, Andrade T, Caetano HV, Vainzof M, Zatz M (2012) Human adipose-derived mesenchymal stromal cells injected systemically into GRMD dogs without immunosuppression are able to reach the host muscle and express human dystrophin. Cell Transplant 21(7):1407–1417CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 16.Manual de Exames Fleury (2015) Manual tests. http://lare.fleury.com.br/manual-exames/Pages/default.aspx. Accessed 05 Feb 2015
- 17.Medeiros JAG, Zamboni CB, Zahn GS, Oliveira LC, Dalaqua LJ (2005) Software para realização de análises hematológicas utilizando processo radioanalítico. In: Proceeding of 39º Brazilian Congress of Clinical Pathology/Medicine Laboratorial CD ROMGoogle Scholar
- 18.Dos Santos LF (2009) Assessment of food intake in patients attending the Santa Catarina Southern Association (ASCADIM) of friends, family and people with progressive muscular dystrophies, from Criciuma region. Monograph (Bachelor in Nutrition Course in Clinic Research)—Universidade do Extremo Sul Catarinense, UNESC, Santa CatarinaGoogle Scholar