Column leaching of uranium ore with fungal metabolic products and uranium recovery by ion exchange
- 242 Downloads
To verifying the feasibility of uranium recovery with fungal metabolic products in large-scale applications, column leaching and ion exchange of uranium was carried out. The uranium recovery reached 81.76 % in 14 days. The ion exchange curve for the leach solution obtained with the metabolic products of Aspergillus niger was in the shape of a wave. The elution curve was similar to that of leaching with H2SO4. The results indicate that leaching with the metabolic products of A. niger is a promising and environmentally friendly method for exploitation of low grade uranium ores in large-scale applications.
KeywordsColumn leaching Uranium ore Metabolic product Aspergillus niger Ion exchange
This work was supported by Hunan Provincial Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant Nos. 10JJ2033, 13JJ3077), Scientific Research Fund of Hunan Provincial Education Department (Grant No. 13A083) and Science and Technology Project in Hengyang (Grant No. 2013KJ21).
- 2.Debora MO, Luis GSS, Gregory JO, Susan BO (2014) Acid leaching of a copper ore by sulphur-oxidizing microorganisms. Hydrometallurgy 147–148:223–227Google Scholar
- 5.du Preez JGH (1989) A Review of the industrial processes involving uranium-from the ore to the reactor. Radiat Prot Dosim 26:7–13Google Scholar
- 15.Ilyas S, Sarwar S, Bhatti HN (2012) Effect of organic acids produced by Penicillium notatum on the extraction of metals ions from Brown Shale. J Chem Soc Pakistan 34:1040–1047Google Scholar
- 16.Shen ZQ, Zheng YF, Li QZ, Zhong ML, Gu DX (1996) Study on analytical method of uranium (IV) and uranium (VI) in uranium ores and uranium-bearing rocks. Uranium Geol 12:48–56Google Scholar
- 17.International Atomic Energy Agency (1990) IAEA’s Division of Nuclear Fuel Cycle and Waste Managment. Technical reports series No. 313: Manual on laboratory testing for uranium ore processing, first ed. International Atomic Energy Agency, ViennaGoogle Scholar
- 20.Yin SH, Wu AX, Hu KJ, Wang HJ (2011) Solute transportation mechanism of heap leaching and its influencing factors. J Cent South Univ Technol 42:1092–1098Google Scholar