Adsorption of gaseous radioactive iodine by Ag/13X zeolite at high temperatures
Ag/13X adsorbents were synthesized, characterized and tested for decontamination of gaseous effluents from 131I2 at high temperatures. X-ray diffraction patterns showed that the Ag/13X samples maintained a stable structure after calcined at 650 °C for 2 h. The decontamination factors achieved with 15 % Ag/13X and 20 % Ag/13X adsorbents for 131I2 were nearly close to 103 at 650 °C. In addition, 15 % Ag/13X had a stable performance for removal of 131I2 at 550 and 650 °C, even after calcined at 550 and 650 °C for over 10 h, which might be suitable for future potential use during nuclear reactor operation or in the case of nuclear accidents.
KeywordsNuclear reactor Radioactive iodine Decontamination factor (DF) Stability Adsorption
This work was supported by the National Science and Technology Major Project of the Ministry of Science and Technology of China (Grant No. ZX06901) and the National Science Foundation of China (Grant No. 21201013).
- 1.Kintisch E (2005) Science 310:1406-1406Google Scholar
- 3.Zha YR, Zou JM (1999) Chin Occup Med 26:51–55Google Scholar
- 8.Ye ML, Tang JJ, Ding X, He ZM, Tang ZH (1991) J Nucl Radiochem 13:169–175Google Scholar
- 9.Tang JJ, Ye ML, Mao Y, Lu SJ, Tang ZH, Guo ZH (1987) Nucl Sci Eng 7:144–148Google Scholar
- 10.Funabashi K, Fukasawa T, Kikuchi M (1995) Nucl Technol 109:366–372Google Scholar
- 14.Ye LJ, Han L, Hou JW, Chen YS (2010) Chem World 51:711–714Google Scholar
- 15.Xiao HL, Liu JG (2000) Nucl Power Eng 21:357–361Google Scholar
- 22.Tang JJ, Ye ML, Rao YP, Ding X, Tang ZH (1991) Nucl Sci Eng 11:67–72Google Scholar
- 24.Wilhelm JG, Schuettelkopf H, First MW (1972) CONF-720823, Proceedings of 12th AEC Air Cleaning Conference, Oak Ridge, Tennessee, USAGoogle Scholar
- 31.Bevington PR, Robinson DK (1969) Data reduction and error analysis for the physical sciences. McGraw-Hill, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 32.Waser J (1964) Quantitative Chemistry. Benjamin WA Inc, New YorkGoogle Scholar