Spectrophotometric determination of uranium using chromotrope 2R complexes
- 245 Downloads
A simple, fast and reliable spectrophotometric method for the determination and microextraction of trace amounts of uranium using chromotrope 2R as a chelating agent and 1-butyl-3-methylimidazolium hexafluorophosphate ionic liquid (IL) was used as an extractant solvent. Influence variables such as pH, volume of ligand and IL were inspected by full factorial design. In the view of Pareto chart a contour plot was studied to examine the significant variables and their interactions. The detection limit and the preconcentration factor were found to be 0.87 and 50 μg L−1, respectively. The developed method was successfully applied to ore samples.
KeywordsUranium Chromotrope 2R Ionic liquid based micro-extraction Multivariate determination UV–Vis spectrophotometry
Nusrat Jalbani is thankful to the Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TUBITAK) under “2216 Research Fellowship Programme for Foreign Citizens” for financial support.
- 4.US public health service (2000) Agency for toxic substances and disease registry. Chapman and Hall, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 5.Al-Dayel OAF (2002) Uranium contents in wheat samples of Saudi Arabia. Asian J Chem 14:1307–1310Google Scholar
- 22.Massart DL, Vandeginte BGM, Buydens LMC, de jong S, Lewi PJ, Smeyers-Verbek J (2003) Handbook of chemometrics and qualimetrica Part A. Elsevier, AmstermdamGoogle Scholar
- 26.Saracoglu S, Soylak M, Elci L (2003) Preconcentration of Cu (II), Fe(III), Ni (II), Co (II) and Pb(II) ions in some manganese salts with solid phase extraction method using chromosorb-102 resin. Acta Chim Slov 50:807–814Google Scholar
- 35.Soylak M (1998) Determination of trace amounts of copper in metallic aluminium samples after separation and preconcentration on an activated carbon column. Fresenius Environ Bull 7:383–387Google Scholar
- 36.Khan S, Soylak M, Kazi G (2013) Room temperature ionic liquid-based dispersive liquid phase microextraction for the separation/preconcentration of trace Cd2+ with 1-(2-pyridylazo)-2-naphthol (PAN) complex from environmental and biological samples using and determined by FAAS. Biol Trace Elem Res 156:49–55CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 37.ALOthman ZA, Yilmaz E, Habila M, Soylak M (2013) Development of a dispersive liquid–liquid microextraction combined with flame atomic absorption spectrometry using a microinjection system for the enrichment, separation and determination of nickel in water samples. Desalin Water Treat 51:6770–6776CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 43.Yousefi SR, Ahmadi SJ, Shemirani F, Jamali MR, Salavati-Niasari M (2009) Simultaneous extraction and preconcentration of uranium and thorium in aqueous samples by new modified mesoporous silica prior to inductively coupled plasma optical emission spectrometry determination. Talanta 80:212–217CrossRefGoogle Scholar