Solvent extraction of Pu(IV) with TODGA in C6mimTf2N
Studies on the solvent extraction of Plutonium(Pu(IV)) from aqueous nitric acid by N,N,N′,N′-tetraoctyl-diglycolamide (TODGA) in 1-hexyl-3-methylimidazolium-bis(trifluoromethylsulfonyl) imide (C6mimTf2N) room temperature ionic liquid (RTIL) were carried out. It was found that Pu(IV) is extracted into RTIL phase as [Pu(NO3)(TODGA)]3+ through cation exchange mechanism. Extraction reaction equation is obtained by the influence of acidity and extractant concentration, and the parameters of thermodynamic equilibrium constant was calculated.
KeywordsSolvent extraction Plutonium(IV) TODGA C6mimTf2N
Authors thank the NCFC (NO. 91126006) programme for financial support of the project. The authors are also grateful to staffs in Radioecology programme (headed by hehui), Department of RadioChemistry, China Institute of Atomic Energy, for all support in this work.
- 17.Suzuki H, Sasaki Y, Sugo Y et al (2004) Extraction and separation of Am(III) and Sr(II) by N,N,N′,N′-tetraoctyl-3-oxapentanediamide(TODGA). Radiochimca Acta 92(8):463–466Google Scholar
- 18.Magnusson D, Christiansen B, Glatz JP et al (2007) Partitioning of minor actinides from PUREX raffinate by the TODGA process. Proceedings of Global, Boise, pp. 713–718Google Scholar
- 19.Hérès X, Sorel C, Miguirditchian M et al (2009) Results of recent counter-current tests on An(III)/Ln(III) separation using TODGA extractant. Proceedings of the Global, ParisGoogle Scholar
- 26.Momoki K, Sato H, Ogawa H (1072) Calculation of successive formation constants from polarographic data using a high-speed digital computer. Anal Chem 1967:39Google Scholar
- 27.Davies CW (1962) Ion association. Butterworths, LondonGoogle Scholar
- 28.Inczedy J, Sc D (1976) Analytical applications of complex equilibria, Akademiai Kiado, BudapestGoogle Scholar