Production, nano-purification, radiolabeling and biodistribution study of [140Nd] 5,10,15,20-tetraphenylporphyrin complex as a possible imaging agent
- 625 Downloads
[140Nd] labeled 5,10,15,20-tetraphenylporphyrin ([140Nd]-TPP) as a tumor–avid complex with a β-emitting radionuclide for evaluating its potential for target tumor therapy is reported. This complex was prepared using freshly prepared [140Nd] NdCl3 (purified by amino functionalized MCM-41 nano resin and commercial cation exchanger resins) and 5,10,15,20-tetraphenylporphyrin (H2TPP).Stability of the complex was investigated in final formulation and human serum for 24 h and the partition coefficient was calculated. The biodistribution of the labeled compound in vital organs of Swiss mice bearing fibro sarcoma tumor was studied using scarification studies and positron emission tomography imaging up to 4 h.
KeywordsPorphyrins [140Nd] Fibro sarcoma Biodistribution Nano-purification
Authors wish to thank Ms. Fateme bolori novin & Ms. Sedighe moradkhani for conducting animal studies.
Conflict of interest
The authors report no conflicts of interest in this work.
- 4.Firestone RB, Shirley VS, Baglin CM, Zipkin J (1996) In: Table of isotopes, 8th edn. Wiley, New York, p. 1447Google Scholar
- 9.Fawwaz RA, Frye F, Loughman WD, Hemphill W (1974) Survival of skin homografts in dogs injected with 109Pd-protoporphyrin. J Nucl Med 15:997–1002Google Scholar
- 10.Fawwaz RA, Hemphill W, Winchell HS (1971) Potential use of 109Pd-porphyrin complexes for selective lymphatic ablation. J Nucl Med 12:231–236Google Scholar
- 11.Chakraborty S, Das T, Banerjee S, Sarma HD, Venkatesh M (2007) Preparation and preliminary biological evaluation of a novel 109Pd labeled porphyrin derivative for possible use in targeted tumor therapy. Q J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 15:16–23Google Scholar
- 14.Wang A-Y, Lin J-L, Lin W-C (2010) Studies on the porphine labeled with 99mTc–pertechnetate. J Radioanal Nucl Chem 284:121–128Google Scholar
- 18.Falk JE (1975) Porohyrins and metallo porphyrins. Elsevier Science Publishing, New YorkGoogle Scholar