Alpha energy resolution enhancement of a Si surface barrier detector
- 151 Downloads
In this work, alpha energy resolution of a Si surface barrier detector was improved. For this purpose, we used constant fraction timing method. Energy resolution enhancement of about 1 % was achieved for alpha peak of 210Po. In order to prove the validity of the timing method, it was applied to the alpha spectrum of 226Ra. It was concluded that proposed method was successful on the energy resolution improvement.
KeywordsSi surface barrier detector 210Po 226Ra Constant fraction timing method
This work was supported by TUBITAK, the Scientific and Technical Research Council of TURKEY under Project Nos. 197T087 and 111T571, and by EBILTEM, Center of Science and Technology, Ege University under Project No. 99 BIL 001, and finally Scientific Research Foundation of Ege University under Project No. 11 FEN 085.
- 1.Tsoulfanidis N (1995) Measurements and detection radiation. Taylor & Francis, USAGoogle Scholar
- 3.Ortec AN42 Application note: Principles and applications of timing spectroscopyGoogle Scholar
- 10.http://www.matpack.de/Info/Nuclear/Nuclids/nuclids9.html. Accessed 7 March 2012
- 11.Knoll GF (2000) Radiation detection and measurements. John & Sons, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 12.Bönisch SP (2011) Electronics for radiation detection. CRC Press, USAGoogle Scholar
- 15.Medley P, Bollhöfer A, Iles M, Ryan B, Martin P (2005) Barium sulphate method for radium-226 analysis by alpha spectroscopy. Internal Report 501, supervising scientist, DarwinGoogle Scholar