High specific activity tritium labelling of some sigma-1 receptor agonists
The high specific activity tritiation of (+)-SKF-10,047 (1) and N,N-dimethyltryptamine (4) is described. [N-allyl-3H] (+)-SKF-10,047 (3) was prepared by Lindlar catalyst tritiation of (+)-N-propargylnormetazocine (2) and [N-methyl-3H] N,N-dimethyltryptamine (6) was synthesized by the alkylation of N-methyltryptamine (5) with [3H] methyl iodide. Both sigma-1 synthetic agonist 3 and endogenous agonist 6 have been useful in studying this receptor.
KeywordsSigma-1 receptor Tritium Tritium NMR
We would like to acknowledge the contributions of Drs. Puliyer Srinivasan and Mahendra Suryan of PerkinElmer Health Sciences Inc. in obtaining the NMR spectra and mass spectra respectively.
- 1.Martin WR, Eades CG, Thompson JA, Huppler RE, Gilbert PE (1976) The effects of morphine- and nalorphine-like drugs in the nondependent and morphine-dependent chronic spinal dog. J Pharmacol Exp Ther 197:517–532Google Scholar
- 5.Van Waarde A, Rybczynska AA, Ramakrishnan NK, Ishiwata K, Elsinga PH, Dierckx RAJO (2010) Sigma receptors in oncology: therapeutic and diagnostic applications of sigma ligands. Nucl Med Molec Imag 16:3519–3537Google Scholar
- 8.Diaz JL, Zamanillo D, Corbera J, Baeyens JM, Maldonado R, Pericas MA, Vela JM, Torrens A (2009) Selective sigma-1 receptor antagonists: emerging target for the treatment of neuropathic pain. Cent Nerv Sys Agents in Med Chem 9:172–183Google Scholar
- 9.Hashimoto K (2009) Can the sigma-1 receptor agonist fluvoxamine prevent schizophrenia? CNS Neurol Disord: Drug Targets 8:470–474Google Scholar
- 11.Tsai S-Y, Hayashi T, Mori T, Su T-P (2009) Sigma-1 receptor chaperones and diseases. Cent Nerv Sys Agents Med Chem 9:184–189Google Scholar
- 16.Slifer BL, Balster RL (1983) Reinforcing properties of stereoisomers of the putative sigma agonists N-allylnormetazocine and cyclazocine in Rhesus monkeys. J Pharmacol Exp Ther 225:522–528Google Scholar
- 22.Bouchard P, Roman F, Junien J-L, Quirion R (1996) Autoradiographic evidence for the modulation of in vivo sigma receptor labeling by neuropeptide Y and calcitonin gene-related peptide in the mouse brain. J Pharmacol Exp Ther 276:223–230Google Scholar
- 23.McCann DJ, Su TP (1991) Solubilization and characterization of haloperidol-sensitive (+)-[3H] SKF-10,047 binding sites (sigma sites) from rat liver membranes. J Pharmacol Exp Ther 257:547–554Google Scholar