Micro-PIXE characterization of reference samples intended for QA/QC of k0 NAA
- 39 Downloads
Cellulose cylinders and circular filter papers spiked with known amounts of standard element solutions were prepared for studying some aspects of assessing measurement uncertainty of NAA and the elemental distribution measured by micro-PIXE analysis. Results for the cylinders showed strongly non-homogeneous distribution of the elements, both in radial and vertical directions, dominantly caused by osmosis driven transport of added liquid solution from the centre to the edges. Results for the thin cellulose filter paper disks exhibited weaker peaking of the standard element concentrations at the edges in comparison with the thick cylinders.
KeywordsNeutron Activation Analysis PIXE Nitric Acid Solution Reference Element Proton Flux
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B. Smodiš, Vestn. Slov. Kem. Drus., 39 (1992) 503.Google Scholar
- 5.T. Bučar, B. Smodiš, Nucl. Instr. Meth., A564 (2006) 683.Google Scholar
- 6.R. Zeissler, R. M. Lindstrom, R. R. Greenberg, J. Radioanal. Nucl. Chem., 263 (2005) 315.Google Scholar
- 7.J. Simčič, P. Pelicon, M. Budnar, Ž. Šmit, Nucl. Instr. Meth., B190 (2002) 283.Google Scholar
- 8.J. L. Campbell, T. L. Hopman, J. A. Maxwell, Z. Nejedly, Nucl. Instr. Meth., B170 (2000) 193.Google Scholar