Effect of humic acid on the sorption of technetium on hematite colloids using 95mTc and 96Tc as tracers
- 88 Downloads
Sorption of technetium on hematite colloids, at varying pH (3–10), has been studied in absence and presence of humic acid using 95mTc-96Tc radiotracers. Technetium was found to be weakly sorbed on hematite at lower pH (<5) values, while no sorption was observed at higher pH values. Humic acid was found to have no effect on the sorption of technetium on hematite under aerobic conditions, while at lower pH values small reduction was observed which was attributed to the reduced zeta potential of the hematite colloids owing to the strong sorption of humic acid.
KeywordsHumic Acid Hematite Technetium Methyl Ethyl Ketone Molybdenite
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E. Holm, Radiochim. Acta, 63 (1993) 57.Google Scholar
- 2.K. V. Kotegov, O. N. Pavlov, V. P. Shedov, in: Advances in Inorganic Chemistry and Radiochemistry, Vol. II, H. K. Emeleus and A. G. Sharpe (Eds), 1968, p. 2.Google Scholar
- 3.K. H. Lieser, Radiochim. Acta, 63 (1993) 5.Google Scholar
- 6.T. T. Vandergraaf, K. V. Ticknor, I. M. George, Geochemical Behavior of Disposed Radioactive Waste, G. S. Barney, J. D. Navratil, W. W. Schulz (Eds), American Chemical Society Symp. Ser. 246, 1984, p. 25.Google Scholar
- 7.N. Ramamoorthy, V. Shivarudrappa, A. A. Bhelose, Radiopharmaceuticals and Hospital Radiopharmacy Practices, Board of Research in Nuclear Sciences and Dept. of Atomic Energy, Mumbai, Feb. 2000.Google Scholar
- 8.Sumit Kumar, B. S. Tomar, S. Ramanathan, V. K. Manchanda, Radiochim. Acta, in the press.Google Scholar
- 12.K. H. Lieser, Ch. Bauscher, Radiochim. Acta, 44/45 (1988) 125.Google Scholar
- 13.Huie Zhuang, Jishu Zeng, Langing Zhu, Radiochim. Acta, 44/45 (1988) 143.Google Scholar