Synthesis and phase relations in the system with garnet-type composition: [Ca1.5GdCe0.5]VIII[ZrFe]VI[Fe x Al3−x ]IVO12
- 40 Downloads
This study was aimed at the synthesis, study of phase relations and characterization of the garnet ([Ca1.5GdCe0.5]VIII[ZrFe]VI[Fe x Al3−x ]IVO12, x = 0−2) intended as promising matrix for actinides (Pu) immobilization. The optimum temperatures of the fabrication of the garnets ceramics are 1400 °C at x = 2 and 1500 °C at x = 0−1. The garnets lattice parameters and the content of Ce, as an imitator of Pu, increased with the content of iron. It was suggested that the ability of the garnet for incorporation of Pu was closely related to the ionic radii of the elements occupied the four-and six-coordinated sites of the structure.
KeywordsPhase Relation Lanthanide Oxide Waste Form Actinide Waste Radioactive Waste Form
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.A. E. Ringwood, S. E. Kesson, K. D. Reeve, J. L. Woolfrey, E. J. Ramm, Radioactive Waste Forms for the Future, W. Lutze and Ewing (Eds), Elsevier, Amsterdam, 1988, p. 233.Google Scholar
- 3.E. R. Vance, B. D. Begg, R. A. Day, C. J. Ball, Scientific Basis for Nuclear Waste Management-XVIII. MRS Symp. Proc., 353,Pt. 2, 1995, p. 767.Google Scholar
- 4.N. P. Laverov, S. V. Yudintsev, S. V. Stefanovsky, Y. N. Jang, M. I. Lapina, A. V. Sivtsov, R. C. Ewing, Dokl. Russ. Acad. Sci., 385A, (2002) 671.Google Scholar
- 5.P. E. Raison, R. G. Haire, T. Sato, T. Ogawa, Scientific Basis for Nuclear Waste Management-XXII. MRS Symp. Proc., 556, 1998, p. 3.Google Scholar
- 6.S. V. Yudintsev, Geol. Ore Depos., 45 (2003) 151.Google Scholar
- 7.T. S. Youdintseva, Abstracts of the 35èmes Journées des Actinides, Baden/Wien, April 24–26, 2005 (2005), P–32.Google Scholar