Automation of analysis of airborne radionuclides observed in Canadian CTBT radiological monitoring networks using LINSSI
- 108 Downloads
Linux System for Spectral Information (LINSSI1) is a SQL database and established under Linux. Currently it is compatible with HPGe gammaspectra analysis software UniSampo, Shaman and Aatami. Based on this database and software, an automated analysis pipeline has been setup for Canadian CTBT radiological monitoring networks. This paper has investigated the performance of this pipeline in its capabilities and reliabilities of rapid small peak search, nuclide identification, and radionuclide activity concentration evaluation. Up to now, more than 80 thousand daily monitoring gamma-spectra have been automatically received and processed, the results have been stored in database. The pipeline nuclide detection limits is satisfied for environmental radiation monitoring and nuclear emergency preparedness.
KeywordsRadionuclide 210Pb Minimum Detectable Activity International Monitoring System Automatic Pipeline
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.LINSSI-SQL Database for Gamma-ray Spectrometry, Version 1.1, Helsinki University of Technology Report TKK-F-A841, Espoo, Finland, 2006.Google Scholar
- 2.Unisampo Advanced Gamma Spectrum Analysis Software, Version 1.98. User’s Guide. Doletum Oy, Espoo, August 2, 2003.Google Scholar
- 3.Shaman Expert System for Radionuclide Identification, Version 1.7. User’s Guide, Baryon Oy, Espoo, March 20, 2003.Google Scholar
- 4.User Manual of Radionuclide Analysis and Evaluation Software Atami, Version 3.20, Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty Organization, Office of the Executive Secretary, Evaluation Section, Vienna, 2005.Google Scholar
- 5.P. A. Aarnio et al., LINSSI — database for gamma-ray spectrometry. in: Proc 7th Intern. Conf. on Methods and Applications of Radianalytical Chemistry, MARC VII, April 3–7, 2006, Kailua-Kona, Hawai’i, USA.Google Scholar
- 6.P. F. Gustafson, D. M. Nelson, S. S. Brar, S. E. Muniak, Recent Trends in Radioactive Fallout, Report ANL-7760, Part III, Argonne National Laboratory, Argonne, Illinois, p. 246.Google Scholar
- 7.G. Wotawa et al., Inter-and intra-continental transport of radioactive cesium released by boreal forest fires. Accepted for publication by Geophys. Res. Lett.Google Scholar