Correction of k0-factors for non-1/v elements based on neutron spectrum measurements
- 96 Downloads
Neutron spectra were measured by the time of flight method using a rotating disk chopper system in the JRR-3M prompt gamma ray analysis system. Effective g-factors for non-1/v elements such as Cd, Sm and Gd were calculated from the measured neutron spectra and the neutron cross section data, and they was used for correcting the k 0-factors. The resulting k 0-factors for the cold and thermal neutron beams agreed within 10%. Furthermore, the prompt gamma ray emission probabilities of Cd, Sm and Gd were derived from the corrected k 0-factors using other relevant physical constants.
KeywordsThermal Neutron Neutron Beam Neutron Spectrum Thermal Neutron Beam Cold Neutron Beam
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.C. Yonezawa, Non-destructive Elemental Analysis, Z. B. Alfassi (Ed.), Blackwell Science, 2001, p. 58.Google Scholar
- 2.C. Yonezawa, A. K. Haji Wood, M. Hoshi, Y. Ito, E. Tachikawa, Nucl. Instr. Meth. Phys. Res., A329 (1993) 207.Google Scholar
- 8.M. Suzuki, Y. Kawabata, H. Ichikawa, JAERI-M 92-201, 1992.Google Scholar
- 10.I. Tamura, M. Suzuki, T. Hazawa, A. Moriai, N. Hori, F. Sasajima, K. Soyama, Nucl. Instr. Meth. Phys. Res., A529 (2004) 234.Google Scholar
- 13.K. Shibata, T. Kawano, T. Nakagawa, O. Iwamoto, J. Katakura, T. Fukahori, S. Chiba, A. Hasegawa, T. Murata, H. Matunobu, T. Ohsawa, Y. Nakajima, T. Yoshida, A. Zukeran, M. Kawai, M. Baba, M. Ishikawa, T. Asami, T. Watanabe, Y. Watanabe, M. Igashira, N. Yamamuro, H. Kitazawa, N. Yamano, H. Takano, J. Nucl. Sci. Technol., 39 (2002) 1125.Google Scholar
- 14.C. H. Westcott, AECL-1101, 1960.Google Scholar
- 15.S. Y. F. Chu, L. P. Ekström, R. B. Firestone, Isotope Explorer 3, a JAVA/HTML program available on the WWW at http://ie.lbl.gov/ensdf/
- 17.S. F. Mughabghab, M. Divadeenam, N. E. Holden, Neutron Cross Sections, Academic Press, 1981.Google Scholar