Production of 177Lu by neutron activation of 176Lu
Production of the radiopharmaceutical nuclide 177Lu, by direct thermal neutron activation of 176Lu, poses a discrepancy between experimentally measured and theoretically predicted activities. It was found that in the irradiation at the pneumatic transfer tube (‘Rabbit’) of the IRR-1 reactor, the exper./theor. ratio was 1.858± 0.051. This ratio was determined also by comparing the activities of 177Lu and 176mLu. The significant deviation of 176Lu from the 1/v behavior explained this disagreement. The ratio exper./theor. is the Westcott g(Tn)-factor and was used to yield the neutron temperature Tn = 311±8 K.
KeywordsPhysical Chemistry Inorganic Chemistry Neutron Activation Thermal Neutron Transfer Tube
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.F. G. Kondev, Nucl. Data Sheets, 98 (2003) 801.Google Scholar
- 2.S. F. Mughabghab, Neutron Cross Sections, Vol. 1, Academic Press, Inc., Orlando, Florida, 1984.Google Scholar
- 3.F. F. Knapp, K. R. Ambrose, A. L. Beets, H. Luo, D. W. McPherson, S. Mirzadeh, Oak Ridge National Report ORNL/TM-13107, 1995.Google Scholar
- 4.K. J. R. Rosman, P. D. P. Taylor, J. Phys. Chem. Ref. Data, 27 (1998) 1275.Google Scholar
- 5.T. B. Coplen, J. Phys. Chem. Ref. Data, 30 (2001) 701.Google Scholar
- 6.P. J. Mohr, B. N. Taylor, Phys. Today, 55 (2002) BG 6.Google Scholar
- 7.Z. Chunmei, Nucl. Data Sheets, 95 (2002) 59.Google Scholar
- 8.F. De Corte, A. Simonits, Atomic Data and Nuclear Data Tables, 85 (2003) 47.Google Scholar
- 9.J. F. Widder, Nucl. Sci. Eng., 60 (1976) 53.Google Scholar
- 10.C. H. Westcott, AECL Report CRRP-60, 2003.Google Scholar
- 11.K. H. Beckurts, K. Wirtz, Neutron Physics, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1964.Google Scholar
- 12.E. Browne, H. Junde, Nucl. Data Sheets, 84 (1998) 337.Google Scholar