Synthesis and caracterization of macromonomers of poly (2-methyl-2-oxazoline)-allyl by an acid exchanged clay as eco-catalyst
- 183 Downloads
Macromonomers from oxazoline derivates were synthesized by using in conjunction with ethylenically unsaturated modifier. allyl chloride (AC) is chosen as representative modifier for the synthesis of allyl-terminated macromonomers in the presence of an acid exchanged montmorillonite as catalyst. The macromonomers were characterized by FT-IR, 1H-NMR, 13C-NMR and MALDI-TOF mass spectroscopy. The effects of amount of catalyst, amount of initiator, solvent and temperature on yields and intrinsic viscosity were studied. NMR and IR spectra of macromonomers show characteristic chemical shifts absorptions of the ethylenically unsaturated group of the modifier. The MALDI-TOF spectrum shows that the macromonomers synthesized accordingly are terminated with ethylenically unsaturated group of modifier at one end of the polymer chain and a hydroxyl group at the other end.
KeywordsMaghnite-H+ Macromonomer 2-Méthyl-2-oxazoline Cationic polymerisation
This work was supported by The National Agency for the Development of University Research (ATRST), the Directorate General of Scientific Research and Technological Development (DGRSDT) of Algeria.
- 1.Kobayashi, S. SaegusaT. (1986) Encyclopedia of Polymer Science and Engineering; Wiley: New York; Vol. 4, pp 525–537Google Scholar
- 2.Saegusa, T. Kobayashi S. (1975).In Macromolecular Science, International Review of Science, Physical Chemistry; Butterworth: London, Series 2, Vol. 8 Chapter 4Google Scholar
- 4.Tomalia, D.A., Killat G. R. (1985) Alkyleneimine Polymers. Encyclopedia of Polymer Science and Engineering, 2nd ed., Vol. 1, Wiley-Interscience, New York, pp 680–739Google Scholar
- 14.Qinghong K, Yuwen T, Yuan H, Le S, Hong L, Lixia L (2012) Thermal stability and flame retardance properties of acrylonitrile-butadiene-styrene/polyvinyl chloride/organophilic Fe-montmorillonite nanocomposites. J Polym Res 19(1):1–10Google Scholar
- 18.Shokoufeh H, Majid SJ, Mohammad EZ (2013) Polyethylene nanocomposite prepared by a metallocene catalyst supported on MMT using a new pretreatment method. J Polym Res 20(129)Google Scholar
- 22.Madejovà J, Komadel P (1997) Characterization and catalytic activ- ity of acid-treated, size-fractionated smectites. J Phys Chem B 27:5324–5331Google Scholar
- 26.Inoue S, Aida T (1984) In: ring–opening polymerization, Vol. 1; ivin K J, sagusa T. Ed. Applied Science Publishers, New York, NYGoogle Scholar
- 28.Okamoto K.MALDI Mass Spectrometry of Synthetic Polymers. R&D Review of Toyota CRDL Vol. 41 No. 3Google Scholar