Study on the preparation of genipin crosslinked chitosan microspheres of resveratrol and in vitro release
- 596 Downloads
Resveratrol has attracted considerable public and scientific attention because of its beneficial effects on human health. In this study, resveratrol was encapsulated into chitosan microspheres for improving the stability and evaluating the ability of controlled release. Chitosan microspheres were prepared by using an emulsification-crosslinking method, and specifically, a natural extraction genipin was used as crosslinking agent for pursuit better physiological compatibility. Factors which influence on the shape and dispersity of microspheres were investigated to optimize the preparing process of resveratrol loaded genipin-chitosanmicrospheres. The optimum condition was obtained and the prepared resveratrol loaded genipin-chitosanmicrospheres were characterized by many technical instruments. Entrapment efficiency of resveratrol in genipin-chitosanmicrospheres is up to 87.6 %, and loading capacity is 7.9 %. The in vitro release rate in pH 3.6 buffer solution reached to 33.8 % within 72 h, but was lower in pH 7.4 buffer solution.
KeywordsResveratrol Chitosan Genipin Microsphere In vitro release
The authors would like to thank the mutual funds of Hebei Natural Science Foundation and CSPC Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. (C2011208114). Supports for Hebei Research Center of Pharmaceutical and Chemical Engineering, Hebei Province Key Laboratory of Molecular Chemistry for Drug, and Innovation Team Funding of Hebei University of Science and Technology are also appreciated.
- 3.Claudine M, Gary W, Christine M (2005) J Clin Nutr 81:230S–242SGoogle Scholar
- 8.Siemann EH, Creasy LL (1992) Am J Enol Vitic 43:49–52Google Scholar
- 17.Timothy HS, Robert WM, Jr, Keith WH (2000) J Agric Food Chem 48:1243–1246Google Scholar
- 19.Goldberg DM (1995) Clin Chem 41:14–16Google Scholar
- 20.Zhang Y, Zhang YY, Yu CJ (2012) Adv Mater Res 479–481:833–836Google Scholar
- 41.Chinese Pharmacopoeia (2010) The guiding principles for stability test of drugs and drug preparations: appendix XIX CGoogle Scholar
- 42.Chinese Pharmacopoeia (2010) The guiding principles for sustained release, controlled release and delayed released of Pharmaceutical preparations: appendix XIX DGoogle Scholar
- 43.Chen XL, Zhao GW, Liao ZG (2010) Proceedings of academic development BBS of Chinese medicine in Jiangxi Province: 273–279Google Scholar