Study on modifying the compression set of plasticized poly (vinyl chloride) by epoxy resin and post-heat treatment
- 234 Downloads
Epoxy resin (EP) was added to modify the compression set of the plasticized poly (vinyl chloride) (PVC). The effects of EP content and post-heat treatment on the mechanical properties were investigated. Experimental results showed that after post-heat treatment, the compression set decreased markedly and that the minimum was 46.48 % when the content of EP was 9 phr. The dispersion and distribution of epoxy resin in the matrix was observed with scanning electron microscopy (SEM), which showed that the post-heat treatment increased the cure density of EP obviously. Interaction occurred between the EP and PVC, which was characterized by Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (FTIR) and X-Ray energy spectra. According to the results of differential scanning calorimetry (DSC), more ordering and close piled arrangement structure was formed in the matrix after post-heat treatment, which reduced the compression set further.
KeywordsPoly (vinyl chloride) (PVC) Epoxy resin Graft polymer Compression set Blends
This work was financially supported by Major Project of Guizhou Province China (2006–6033), Project of Science and Technology Innovation Team of Guizhou Province China (Qian Ke He (2010) 4004), and Science and Technology Fund of Guizhou Province China(Qian Ke He (2010) 2012).
- 3.Hidalgo M, González L, Mijangos C (1996) J Appl Polym Sci 61Google Scholar
- 6.Lu RH, Zhou CL, Lei JX, Li QM (2008) Chem J Chinese Univ 29:1050Google Scholar
- 12.Guo G, Yu J, Luo Z, Qian ZY, Tu MJ (2008) Acta Polym Sin 24:733Google Scholar
- 22.Hummel DO (1969) Infrared analysis of polymers, Resins and Additives: An Atlas, 1, Part 2. Wiley, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 25.Huang YH, Liu Y, Cong GM (1993) Acta Polym Sin 9:257Google Scholar