Swelling Behaviors of a New Zwitterionic N-carboxymethyl-N, N-dimethyl-N-allylammonium/acrylic Acid Hydrogel
- 186 Downloads
A series of new zwitterionic N-carboxymethyl-N,N-dimethyl-N-allylammonium (CDMA)/acrylic acid (AA) copolymer hydrogels with different contents of anionic and cationic groups were prepared by aqueous polymerization to investigate their swelling behaviors. Various factors, including the solution pH, the various salt solution, temperature, were studied. The dynamics parameters were also calculated. The swelling capacity, as well as salt-tolerant ability increases with increasing N content in the dilute solution of salts. The hydrogel with 2.43% N and 49.54% COOH reaches 773 g/g swelling capacity. CDMA/AA copolymer gel can improve the pullulating rate of wheat remarkably, which makes them good candidates for considering as potential soil-improvement agent.
Key wordsacrylic acid hydrogel zwitterionic
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 7.Donlar Corporation, US 5998491 (1999).Google Scholar
- 13.K. S. Sun, Z. Q. Li, Z. S. L. Hang et al., Chemistry and Adhesion, 3, 105 (2000).Google Scholar
- 14.Sanyo Chemical Industries Ltd, US 6303711 (2001).Google Scholar
- 15.K. Gu, L. Pao, Polym. Mater. Sci. Eng., 9, 36 (1993).Google Scholar
- 20.J. M. Lu, X. L. Zhu, L. H. Wang et al., Petrochemical Technology, 26, 152 (1997).Google Scholar
- 21.Y. Du, Y. Xu, F. X. Ji et al., Fine Chemicals, 20, 78 (2003).Google Scholar