Study of Creep and Damage for a Hollow Cylinder on the Basis of Space and Refined Shell Models
We consider the axisymmetric problem of creep and creep damage of a hollow cylinder and develop a numerical-analytic method for the solution of this nonlinear initial-boundary-value problem. We also present an example of evaluation of creep and the time to fracture for a cylinder loaded by internal pressure. The results accumulated by using a three-dimensional model are compared with the data obtained on the bases of the refined model of the theory of shells.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. Z. Galishin, “Axisymmetric thermoviscoelastoplastic state of laminar orthotropic shells of revolution with a branched meridian,” Prikl. Mekh., 29, No. 1, 61–69 (1993); English translation: Int. Appl. Mech., 29, No. 1, 53–60 (1993).Google Scholar
- 2.B. V. Gorev, V. V. Rubanov, and O. V. Sosnin, “Creep of materials with different properties in tension and compression,” Probl. Prochn., No. 7, 62–67 (1979); English translation: Strength Mater., 11, No. 7, 735–740 (1979).Google Scholar
- 3.Ya. M. Grigorenko, A. T. Vasilenko, and G. P. Golub, Statics of Anisotropic Shells with Finite Shear Stiffness [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1987).Google Scholar
- 7.A. Zolochevsky, A. Galishin, S. Sklepus, and G. Z. Voyiadjis, “Analysis of creep deformation and creep damage in thin-walled branched shells from materials with different behavior in tension and compression,” Int. J. Solids Struct., 44, No. 16, 5075–5100 (2007), available at: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0020768306005440.CrossRefzbMATHGoogle Scholar
- 8.A. Zolochevsky, S. Sklepus, A. Galishin, A. Kühhorn, and M. Kober, “A comparison between the 3D and the Kirchhoff–Love solutions for cylinders under creep-damage conditions,” Tech. Mech., 34, No. 2, 104–113 (2014).Google Scholar