A Method of Matching of Interior and Exterior Asymptotics in Boundary-Value Problems of Mathematical Physics
- 19 Downloads
We describe applications of asymptotic methods to problems of mathematical physics and mechanics, primarily, to the solution of nonlinear singularly perturbed problems in local domains. We also discuss applications of Padé approximations for transformation of asymptotic expansions to rational or quasi-fractional functions.
Keywords and phrasesasymptotic methods Padé approximation boundary-value problem of mathematical physics boundary layer
AMS Subject Classification35Q35 41A21
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E. A. Alekseeva, R. G. Barantsev, and A. V. Shatrov, “Matching of thermal asymptotics in a boundary layer,” Vestn. S.-Petersburg. Univ. Ser. 1, 8, 96–99 (1996).Google Scholar
- 5.R. G. Barantsev, “Definition of asymptotics and system triades,” in: Asymptotic Methods in the Theory of Systems [in Russian], Irkutsk (1980), pp. 70–81.Google Scholar
- 6.R. G. Barantsev and D. A. Pashkevich, “Matching of asymptotics in transition layers,” in: Asymptotic Methods in Problems of Aerodynamics and Design of Aircrafts [in Russian], Irkutsk (1994), pp. 67–70.Google Scholar
- 7.R. G. Barantsev, D. A. Pashkevich, and A. V. Shatrov, “Heat transfer in a boundary layer of reactive gas,” in: Heat/Mass Transfer MIF-2000 [in Russian], (2000), pp. 185–188.Google Scholar
- 8.M. D. Kruskal, “Asymptotology,” in: Mathematical Models in Physical Sciences (S. Drobot and P. A. Viebrock, eds.), Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey (1963), pp. 17–48.Google Scholar
- 10.A. V. Shatrov, “Combination of asymptotics in boundary-value problems of hydrodynamics,” in: Proc. Int. Conf. OFEA2001, June 25–29, 2001, St. Petersburg (2001), pp. 59–60.Google Scholar
- 11.A. V. Shatrov, “Matching of interior and exterior asymptotics in transition layers of viscous liquids and gases,” in: Proc. VIII All-Russian Conf. on Theor. and Appl. Mechanics, Perm’, August 23–29, 2001, Ural Branch RAS, Yekateringburg, (2001), pp. 602–603.Google Scholar