Singular Space-Time Transformations. Towards One Method For Solving the Painlevé Problem
- 24 Downloads
We develop the method of singular space-time transformations for systems with impact and friction. We consider a mathematical model of a Painlevé problem concerning impacts of an absolutely rigid bar with a rough surface. Using the method of singular space-time change of variables, we obtain the model of an absolutely rigid body by passing to the limit as the generalized rigidity parameter tends to infinity.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.B. M. Miller, E. Ya. Rubinovich, and J. Bentsman, “Spatiotemporal singular transformation in dynamical systems with impacts and its use in obtaining generalized solution of Painlevé problem,” In: Proceedings of the 18th IFAC World Congress Milano (Italy), August 28–September 2, 2011, pp. 3463–3473 (2011).Google Scholar
- 6.M. Schatzman, “Penalty approximation of Painlevé problem” In: Nonsmooth Mechanics and Analysis, pp. 129–143, Springer, New York etc. (2006).Google Scholar
- 9.V. V. Kozlov and D. V. Treshchev, Billiards: A Genetic Introduction to the Dynamics of Systems with Impacts [in Russian], Moscow State Univ. Press, Moscow (1991); English transl.: Am. Math. Soc., Providence, RI (1991).Google Scholar
- 10.B. M. Miller and E. Ya. Rubinovich, Optimization of Dynamical Systems with Impulsive Control [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (2005).Google Scholar
- 11.B. M. Miller, “Controlable systems with impacts” [in Russian], Sovrem. Math. Fundam. Naprav. 42, 166–178 (2011); English transl.: J. Math. Sci., New York 199, No. 5, 571–582 (2014).Google Scholar