On the Applicability of the Random Walk Model with Stable Steps for Forecasting the Dynamics of Prices of Financial Tools in the Russian Market
- 22 Downloads
The work is devoted to the study of the dynamics of prices of exchange instruments using the random walk model and stable distributions with infinite variance of price changes. This allows one to significantly improve the predictive quality of the simulation model.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.D. Yu. Chukin and I. V. Tregub, “Simulating the dynamics of prices of exchange instruments using a random walk model with stable steps,” in: Proc. Conf. “Simulation Modeling. Theory and Practice,” 2011 [in Russian], St. Petersburg (2011), pp. 301–305.Google Scholar
- 2.C. Grinstead and J. Snell Introduction to Probability, Am. Math. Soc. (2003).Google Scholar
- 5.S. Rachev, Handbook of Heavy Tailed Distributions in Finance, North Holland (2003).Google Scholar
- 6.L. O. Shlyaev, I. V. Tregub, and A. V. Tregub, “Comparative analysis of models for assessment of credit risk of issuers of corporate bonds in the Russian debt market,” Vestn. Mosk. Gos. Univ. Lesa, Lesnoi Vestnik, No. 3 (95), 215–221 (2013).Google Scholar
- 7.I. V. Tregub, “Modeling of dynamics of prices of exchange instruments in the Russian stock market by methods of technical analysis,” Vestn. Mosk. Gos. Univ. Lesa, Lesnoi Vestnik, No. 3 (39), 156–170 (2005).Google Scholar
- 8.I. V. Tregub, Simulation Modeling [in Russian], Moscow (2007).Google Scholar
- 9.I. V. Tregub, Visualization Techniques of Modeling Studies [in Russian], Lambert Academic Publ., Saarbrücken (2013).Google Scholar
- 10.I. V. Tregub and A. V. Tregub, “Method of forecasting indicators of stochastic economic systems,” Vestn. Mosk. Gos. Univ. Lesa, Lesnoi Vestnik, No. 2, 144–152 (2008).Google Scholar
- 11.R. Weron, Performance of the Estimators of Stable Law Parameters, HSC, Research Report HSC/95/1.Google Scholar