Predictor-Corrector Difference Scheme for Numerical Solution of the Euler and Navier–Stokes Equations
We generalize optimal splitting schemes for numerical solving the Euler and Navier–Stokes equations in the curvilinear coordinates. We introduce a splitting of the equations, common in both divergence and nondivergence forms, that makes it possible to construct a class of economic difference schemes. The schemes are realized at fractional steps by scalar sweeps and have a large steady margin. The proposed algorithm is tested for stationary and nonstationary problems.
KeywordsShock Wave Mach Number Corrector Step Fractional Step Multidimensional Problem
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. K. Godunov, A. V. Zabrodin, M. Ya. Ivanov, A. N. Kraiko, and G. P. Prokopov, Numerical Solution of Multidimensional Problems of Gas Dynamics [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1976).Google Scholar
- 2.A. A. Samarskij, The Theory of Difference Schemes [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1989); English transl.: Marcel Dekker, New York (2001).Google Scholar
- 4.C. A. J. Fletcher, Computational Techniques for Fluid Dynamics, Springer, Berlin etc. (1988).Google Scholar
- 5.O. M. Belotserkovskii, Numerical Modeling in Continuum Mechanics [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1984).Google Scholar
- 7.V. M. Kovenya, Difference Methods of Solution of Multidimensional Problems [in Russian], Novosibirsk State Univ. Press, Novosibirsk (2004).Google Scholar
- 9.V. M. Kovenya, Splitting Algorithms as Applied to the Multidimensional Problems of Aerogas Dynamics [in Russian], Izd. SO RAN, Novosibirsk (2014).Google Scholar
- 11.V. D. Lisejkin, “A survey of methods for constructing structured adaptive grids” [in Russian], Zh. Vychisl. Mat. Mat. Fiz. 36, No. 1, 3–41 (1996); English transl.: Comput. Math. Math. Phys. 36, No. 1, 1–32 (1996).Google Scholar
- 12.G. S. Khakimzyanov, Yu. I. Shokin, V. B. Barakhnin and N. Yu. Shokina, Numerical Simulation of Fluid Flows with Surface Waves [in Russian], Izd. SO RAN, Novosibirsk (2001).Google Scholar
- 13.L. G. Loitsyanskii, Mechanics of Liquids and Gases [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1978); English transl.: Pergamon Press, Oxford etc. (1972).Google Scholar
- 14.V. M. Kovenya and A. Yu. Slyunyaev, “Splitting algorithms as applied to the Navier–Stokes equations” [in Russian], Zh. Vychisl. Mat. Mat. Fiz. 49, No. 4, 700–714 (2009); English transl.: Comput. Math. Math. Phys., 49, No. 4, 676–690 (2009).Google Scholar
- 15.V. I. Zapryagaev and I. N. Kavun, “Experimental study of the reverse flow in the forward separation region in a pulsating flow around a spiked body” [in Russian], Prikl. Mekh. Tekh. Fiz. 48, No. 4, 30–39 (2007); English transl.: J. Appl. Mech. Tech. Phys. 48, No. 4, 492–500 (2007).Google Scholar