Predictor-Corrector Difference Scheme for Numerical Solution of the Euler and Navier–Stokes Equations
- 20 Downloads
We generalize optimal splitting schemes for numerical solving the Euler and Navier–Stokes equations in the curvilinear coordinates. We introduce a splitting of the equations, common in both divergence and nondivergence forms, that makes it possible to construct a class of economic difference schemes. The schemes are realized at fractional steps by scalar sweeps and have a large steady margin. The proposed algorithm is tested for stationary and nonstationary problems.
KeywordsShock Wave Mach Number Corrector Step Fractional Step Multidimensional Problem
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. K. Godunov, A. V. Zabrodin, M. Ya. Ivanov, A. N. Kraiko, and G. P. Prokopov, Numerical Solution of Multidimensional Problems of Gas Dynamics [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1976).Google Scholar
- 2.A. A. Samarskij, The Theory of Difference Schemes [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1989); English transl.: Marcel Dekker, New York (2001).Google Scholar
- 4.C. A. J. Fletcher, Computational Techniques for Fluid Dynamics, Springer, Berlin etc. (1988).Google Scholar
- 5.O. M. Belotserkovskii, Numerical Modeling in Continuum Mechanics [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1984).Google Scholar
- 7.V. M. Kovenya, Difference Methods of Solution of Multidimensional Problems [in Russian], Novosibirsk State Univ. Press, Novosibirsk (2004).Google Scholar
- 9.V. M. Kovenya, Splitting Algorithms as Applied to the Multidimensional Problems of Aerogas Dynamics [in Russian], Izd. SO RAN, Novosibirsk (2014).Google Scholar
- 11.V. D. Lisejkin, “A survey of methods for constructing structured adaptive grids” [in Russian], Zh. Vychisl. Mat. Mat. Fiz. 36, No. 1, 3–41 (1996); English transl.: Comput. Math. Math. Phys. 36, No. 1, 1–32 (1996).Google Scholar
- 12.G. S. Khakimzyanov, Yu. I. Shokin, V. B. Barakhnin and N. Yu. Shokina, Numerical Simulation of Fluid Flows with Surface Waves [in Russian], Izd. SO RAN, Novosibirsk (2001).Google Scholar
- 13.L. G. Loitsyanskii, Mechanics of Liquids and Gases [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1978); English transl.: Pergamon Press, Oxford etc. (1972).Google Scholar
- 14.V. M. Kovenya and A. Yu. Slyunyaev, “Splitting algorithms as applied to the Navier–Stokes equations” [in Russian], Zh. Vychisl. Mat. Mat. Fiz. 49, No. 4, 700–714 (2009); English transl.: Comput. Math. Math. Phys., 49, No. 4, 676–690 (2009).Google Scholar
- 15.V. I. Zapryagaev and I. N. Kavun, “Experimental study of the reverse flow in the forward separation region in a pulsating flow around a spiked body” [in Russian], Prikl. Mekh. Tekh. Fiz. 48, No. 4, 30–39 (2007); English transl.: J. Appl. Mech. Tech. Phys. 48, No. 4, 492–500 (2007).Google Scholar