Influence of the Variable Heat-Transfer Coefficients on Thermal Stresses in a Finite Cylindrical Shell
- 26 Downloads
We study the thermal stressed state of a finite cylindrical shell (with conditions of sliding restraint imposed on its end faces) caused by the difference of temperatures of the ambient medium on the front faces of the shell and the coordinate-dependent heat-transfer coefficients on these faces. We propose a method for the reduction of the boundary-value problem of heat conduction to a coupled system of Fredholm integral equations of the second kind and present the results of numerical analysis of the distributions of mean temperature and temperature moment and the values of parameters induced by these distributions, namely, the deflection, elongation, forces, and bending moments.
KeywordsThermal Stress Cylindrical Shell Ambient Medium Fredholm Integral Equation Circular Cylindrical Shell
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. F. Verlan’ and V. S. Sizikov, Methods for the Solution of Integral Equations with Computer Programs [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1978).Google Scholar
- 2.Yu. M. Kolyano and V. Z. Didyk, “Steady-state stresses in infinite cylindrical shells with heat exchange caused by local heating,” Mat. Met. Fiz.-Mekh. Polya, Issue 8, 93–97 (1978).Google Scholar
- 3.Yu. M. Kolyano and A. N, Kulik, Thermal Stresses Caused by the Bulk Sources [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1983).Google Scholar
- 4.R. M. Kushnir, “Determination of the thermal stressed state of a piecewise homogeneous cylindrical shell with crack,” Dop. Nats. Akad. Nauk Ukr., No. 6, 73–78 (1999).Google Scholar
- 6.Ya. S. Pidstryhach and S. Ya. Yarema, Thermal Stresses in Shells [in Ukrainian], Academy of Sciences of Ukrainian RSR, Kyiv (1961).Google Scholar
- 7.Ya. S. Podstrigach, V. A. Lomakin, and Yu. M. Kolyano, Thermoelasticity of Bodies with Inhomogeneous Structures [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1984).Google Scholar
- 8.Ya. S. Podstrigach and R. N. Shvets, Thermoelasticity of Thin Shells [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1978).Google Scholar
- 9.B. S. Khapko and A. I. Chyzh, “Thermal bending of a strip and a rectangular plate with coordinate-dependent heat exchange coefficients,” Mat. Met. Fiz.-Mekh. Polya, 52, No. 4, 198–206 (2009); English translation : J. Math. Sci., 174, No. 3, 375–386 (2011).Google Scholar
- 10.B. Khapko and A. Chyzh, “Temperature field and deflection of a semiinfinite plate with coordinate-dependent heat-transfer coefficients,” Fiz.-Mat. Model. Inform. Tekhnol., Issue 9, 133–144 (2009).Google Scholar
- 11.R. N. Shvets, B. S. Khapko, and A. I. Chizh, “Equations of heat conduction for shells with fractures at variable heat-transfer coefficients,” Teor. Prikl. Mekh., Issue 1(47), 69–76 (2010).Google Scholar