Solution of the Integral Geometry Problem for 2-Tensor Fields by the Singular Value Decomposition Method
- 41 Downloads
We consider the integral geometry problem of finding a symmetric 2-tensor field in a unit disk provided that the ray transforms of this field are known. We construct singular value decompositions of the operators of longitudinal, transversal, and mixed ray transforms that are the integrals of projections of a field onto the line where they are computed. We essentially use the results on decomposition of tensor fields and their representation in terms of potentials. The singular value decompositions are constructive and can be used for creating an algorithm for recovering a tensor field from its known ray characteristics.
KeywordsRadon Unit Disk Jacobi Polynomial Continuous Linear Operator Require Assertion
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 9.N. E. Kochin, Vector Calculus and Foundations of Tensor Calculus [in Russian], ONTI, Moscow etc. (1934).Google Scholar
- 10.H. Weyl, “The method of orthogonal projection in potential theory,” Duke Math. J., No. 7, 411–444 (1940).Google Scholar
- 12.E. Yu. Derevtsov, “Some problems of nonscalar tomography” [in Russian] In: Proceedings of Conferences, pp. 81–111, Siberian. Elect. Math. Reports 7 (2010).Google Scholar
- 16.I. C. Gohberg and M. G. Krein, Introduction to the Theory of Linear Nonselfadjoint Operators in a Hilbert Space [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1965).Google Scholar
- 17.A. K. Louis, Inverse and Ill-Posed Problems [in German], Teubner, Stuttgart (1989).Google Scholar
- 19.A. K. Louis, Feature Reconstruction in Inverse Problems // Inverse Probl. 27, No. 6, Article ID 065010 (2011).Google Scholar