Variational Method of Homogeneous Solutions in Axisymmetric Elasticity Problems for a Semiinfinite Cylinder
- 39 Downloads
We develop a variational method of homogeneous solutions for the solution of axisymmetric elasticity problems for a semiinfinite cylinder with free lateral surface. We consider four types of boundary conditions imposed on the end of cylinder, namely, the conditions in stresses, in displacements, and two types of mixed conditions. The solution of the problems with the help of this method is reduced to the solution of infinite systems of linear algebraic equations. We perform the numerical analysis of convergence of the obtained solutions. We also consider an example of application of the proposed approach to the determination of stress concentration near the joint of the end of the cylinder with a perfectly rigid lateral surface.
KeywordsVariational Method Lateral Surface Homogeneous Solution Infinite System Axisymmetric Problem
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. V. Vasil’ev and S. A. Lur’e, “Plane problem of the theory of elasticity for an orthotropic cantilever strip,” Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Mekh. Tverd. Tela, No. 5, 125–135 (1984).Google Scholar
- 2.V. T. Grinchenko, Equilibrium and Steady-State Vibrations of Elastic Bodies of Finite Sizes [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1978).Google Scholar
- 3.A. I. Lur’e, Theory of Elasticity [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1970).Google Scholar
- 5.V. F. Chekurin, “Variational method for the solution of direct and inverse problems of the theory of elasticity for a semiinfinite strip,” Izv. Ross. Akad. Nauk, Mekh. Tverd. Tela, No. 2, 58–70 (1999).Google Scholar
- 7.V. Chekurin and L. Postolaki, “Variational method for the solution of inverse biharmonic problem for a rectangle,” in: Fiz.-Mat. Model. Inform. Tekhnol., Issue 9 (2009), pp. 145–159.Google Scholar
- 8.V. Chekurin and L. Postolaki, “Inverse problem of evaluation of residual stresses in the vicinity of a joint of dissimilar materials,” Mashynoznavstvo, No. 6, 3–7 (2010).Google Scholar
- 9.M. A. K. Chowdhuri and Z. Xia, “Application of a new experimental method to determine bimaterial interface bonding strength,” in: Exp. Appl. Mech.: Proc. 2012 Ann. Conf. Exp. Appl. Mech., Vol. 4 (2013), pp. 247–254.Google Scholar
- 12.S. Finite Element Analysis. Theory and Application with ANSYS, 3 rd ed., Prentice Hall, 2008.Google Scholar