Spectral Decomposition of Cyclic Operators in Discrete Harmonic Analysis
- 38 Downloads
For the operators of the discrete Fourier transform, the discrete Vilenkin–Christenson transform, and all linear transpositions of the discrete Walsh transform, we obtain their spectral decompositions and calculate the dimensions of eigenspaces. For complex operators, namely, the discrete Fourier transform and the Vilenkin–Christenson transform, we obtain real projectors on eigenspaces. For the discrete Walsh transform, we consider in detail the Paley and Walsh orderings and a new ordering in which the matrices of operators are symmetric. For operators of linear transpositions of the discrete Walsh transforms with nonsymmetric matrices, we obtain a spectral decomposition with complex projectors on eigenspaces. We also present the Parseval frame for eigenspaces of the discrete Walsh transform.
KeywordsDiscrete Fourier Transform Digital Signal Processing Cyclic Operator Matrix Versus Spectral Decomposition
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.N. I. Akhiezer and I. M. Glazman, Theory of Linear Operators in Hilbert Spaces [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1966).Google Scholar
- 2.G. I. Arkhipov, V. A. Sadovnichi, and V. N. Chubarikov, Lectures in Mathematical Analysis [in Russian], Drofa, Moscow (2004).Google Scholar
- 3.M. S. Bespalov, On operators of multiplicative Fourier transforms [in Russian], Preprint No. 5826-83, All-Union Institute for Scientific and Technical Information (VINITI), Moscow (1983).Google Scholar
- 7.I. Daubechies, Ten Lectures on Wavelets, SIAM (1992).Google Scholar
- 10.B. I. Golubov, A. V. Efimov, and V. A. Skvortsov, Walsh Series and Walsh Transforms. Theory and Applications, Kluwer Academic (1991).Google Scholar
- 11.J. Hadamard, “Resolution d’une question relative aux determinants,” Bull. Sci. Math., Ser. 2, 17, 240–246 (1893).Google Scholar
- 14.J. Pal, “The eigenfunctions of the Walsh–Fourier transform,” in: Proc. Int. Conf. Approximation and Functions Spaces, Gdansk, 1979, (1981), pp. 553–557.Google Scholar
- 15.B. Rader and C. M. Gold, Digital Processing of Signals, McGraw Hill (1969).Google Scholar
- 18.A. B. Sergienko, Digital Signal Processing [in Russian], Piter, Saint Petersburg (2003).Google Scholar
- 20.A. M. Trakhtman and V. A. Trakhtman, Foundations of the Theory of Discrete Signals on Finite Intervals [in Russian], Sovetskoe Radio, Moscow (1975).Google Scholar