Recovery of Discontinuities of Coefficients of the Sturm–Liouville Operator
We study the inverse spectral problem with piecewise continuous coefficients. We prove that the asymptotics of the Jost function uniquely determines all discontinuities of the coefficients of the Sturm–Liouville operator. We present an algorithm for finding discontinuities.
KeywordsInverse Problem Periodic Function Matching Condition Acoustic Impedance Discontinuity Point
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. S. Alekseev and V. S. Belonosov, “The scattering of plane waves in inhomogeneous halfspace,” Appl. Math. Lett. 8. No. 2, 13–19 (1995).Google Scholar
- 2.A. S. Alekseev and V. S. Belonosov, “Direct and inverse problems associated with inclined passing of SH-waves through 1d inhomogeneous medium,” Bull. Novosib. Comput. Cent., Ser. Numer. Anal. No. 5, 1–25 (1994)Google Scholar
- 3.A. S. Alekseev and V. S. Belonosov, “Spectral methods in one-dimensional problems of the theory of wave propagation” [in Russian], Tr. Inst. Comput. Math. Math. Geophyz. SB RAS 6, 7–39 (1998).Google Scholar
- 6.M. A. Naimark, Linear Differential Operators [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1969); English transl.: Frederick Ungar Publ., New York (1968).Google Scholar
- 10.B. M. Levitan, Almost Periodic Functions [in Russian], Gos. Teor. Tekhn. Lit., Moscow (1953).Google Scholar