Spectral analysis and correct solvability of abstract integrodifferential equations arising in thermophysics and acoustics
In the present paper, we study integrodifferential equations with unbounded operator coefficients in Hilbert spaces. The principal part of the equation is an abstract hyperbolic equation perturbed by summands with Volterra integral operators. These equations represent an abstract form of the Gurtin–Pipkin integrodifferential equation describing the process of heat conduction in media with memory and the process of sound conduction in viscoelastic media and arise in averaging problems in perforated media (the Darcy law).
The correct solvability of initial-boundary problems for the specified equations is established in weighted Sobolev spaces on a positive semiaxis.
Spectral problems for operator-functions are analyzed. Such functions are symbols of these equations. The spectrum of the abstract integrodifferential Gurtin–Pipkin equation is investigated.
KeywordsHardy Space Asymptotic Representation Laplace Transformation Real Zero Unbounded Operator
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. A. Avdonin and S. A. Ivanov, Families of Exponentials. Method of Moments in Contrallability Problems for Distributed Parameter Systems, Cambridge Univ. Press, Cambridge (1995).Google Scholar
- 8.S. A. Ivanov, “Wave type spectrum of the Gurtin–Pipkin equation of the second order,” http://arxiv.org/abs/1002.2831.
- 10.S. A. Ivanov and T. L. Sheronova, “Spectrum of the heat equation with memory,” http://arxiv.org/abs/0912.1818v1.
- 11.N. D. Kopachevsky and S. G. Krein, Operator Approach to Linear Problems of Hydrodynamics. Vol. 2. Nonself–Adjoint Problems for Viscous Fluids, Birkhäuser, Basel (2003).Google Scholar
- 15.J. L. Lions and E. Magenes, Non-Homogeneous Boundary Value Problems and Applications, Vols. I–III, Springer-Verlag, Berlin–Heidelberg–New York (1973).Google Scholar
- 16.A. V. Lykov, The Problem of Heat and Mass Transfer [in Russian], Nauka i Tekhnika Minsk (1976).Google Scholar
- 17.A. S. Markus, Introduction to the Spectral Theory of Polynomial Operator Pencils, Am. Math. Soc., Providence, Rhode Island (1988).Google Scholar
- 20.V. P. Mikhaylov, Partial Differential Equations [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1976).Google Scholar
- 21.S. G. Mikhlin, Linear Partial Differential Equations [in Russian], Vysshaya Shkola, Moscow (1977).Google Scholar
- 25.A. I. Miloslavskiy, Spectral properties of operator pencil arising in viscoelasticity [in Russian], preprint, Kharkov (1987).Google Scholar
- 29.E. Sances Palensia, Nonhomogeneous Media and Oscillation Theory, Mir, Moscow (1984).Google Scholar
- 32.V. V. Vlasov, On some spaces of vector-functions holomorphyc in an angle [in Russian], Preprint, Moscow (1981)Google Scholar
- 38.V. V. Vlasov, and N. A. Rautian “Correct solvability and spectral analysis of abstract hyperbolic integrodifferential quaitons,” Tr. Sem. im. Petrovskogo, to appear.Google Scholar
- 46.K. Yoshida, Functional Analysis [Russian translation], IL, Moscow (1967).Google Scholar