Decomposable Statistics and Random Placement of Particles over a Countable Set of Cells*
In the paper, the scheme of independent particle allocation is considered. A connection is demonstrated between finite-dimensional distributions for the process of the number of particles assigned to the k-th cell and the conditional distribution of independent Poisson distributed random variables. Conditions are specified for the convergence of these distributions to finite-dimensional distributions of the Gaussian process. A certain scheme of dependent particle allocation on a countable set of cells is introduced and investigated.
KeywordsJoint Distribution Gaussian Process Conditional Distribution Null Vector Distinguishable Particle
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. F. Kolchin, B. A. Sevastianov, and V. P. Chistyakov, Random accommodations, Nauka, Moscow (1976).Google Scholar
- 2.V. A. Ivanov, G. I. Ivchenko, and Y. I. Medvedev, “Discrete problems in probability theory,” in: Itogi Nauki i Tekhniki. Seriya “Teoriya Veroyatnostei. Matematicheskaya Statistika. Teoreticheskaya Kibernetika”, Vol.22, Russian Institute for Scientific and Technical Information, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow (1984), 3–60.Google Scholar
- 3.D. A. Darling, “Some limits theorems associated with multinomial trials,” in: Proc. 5th Berkeley Symp. Math. Stat. Probab., 345–350.Google Scholar
- 5.B. V. Gnedenko and E. M. Kudlaev, “On random variables caused by sums of independent random variables,” Vestn. MGU, Ser. Mat. Mekh., No.1, 23–31 (1995).Google Scholar
- 7.E. M. Kudlaev and S. A. Maslenkov, “On marginal distributions of the process of placing the particles in a countable number of cells,” Surveys in Applied and Industrial Mathematics [in Russian], 8, No.1, 248 (2001).Google Scholar
- 8.E. M. Kudlaev and S. A. Maslenkov, “On the convergence of finite-dimensional distributions of the process of independent distribution of particles in a countable set of cells,” Surveys in Applied and Industrial Mathematics [in Russian], 8, No.2, 782 (2001).Google Scholar
- 9.I. I. Gikhman and A. V. Skorokhod, The Theory of Stochastic Processes, Nauka, Moscow (1965).Google Scholar
- 10.P. Billingsli, Convergence of Probabilistic Measures, Nauka, Moscow (1977).Google Scholar
- 11.A. N. Trunov, “Limit theorems in the problem of distributing identical particles in different cells,” in: Proc. Steklov Inst. Math., Vol.177, Nauka, Moscow (1986), 147–164.Google Scholar
- 13.R. R. Bahadur, “On the number of distinct values in a large sample from an infinite discrete distribution,” Proc. of the National Institute of Sciences of India, 26 A, Supp.II, 67–75 (1960).Google Scholar