Numerical methods in problems of calculus of variations for functionals depending on higher order derivatives
- 164 Downloads
Nonsmooth analysis and the exact penalization theory are used for studying variational problems with functionals depending on higher order derivatives. We obtain the extremum conditions and develop “direct” minimization methods, in particular, the steepest descent method and the hypodifferential descent method. Bibliography: 8 titles.
KeywordsLocal Minimizer Stationary Point Steep Descent Descent Method Classical Variation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. F. Demyanov, Extremality Conditions and Variational Problems [in Russian], Vyssh. Shkola, Moscow (2005).Google Scholar
- 5.V. F. Demyanov and A. M. Rubinov, Constructive Nonsmooth Analysis [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1990); English transl.: Verlag Peter Lang, Frankfurt/Main (1995).Google Scholar
- 6.F. R. Gantmakher, Theory of Matrices [in Russian], Fizmatlit, Moscow (1988).Google Scholar
- 7.N. M. Gunter, Lectures on Calculus of Variations [in Russian], Gostehizdat, Moscow (1941).Google Scholar
- 8.A. Yu. Uteshev and G. Sh. Tamasyan, “On the polynomial interpolation problem with multiple knots” [in Russian], Vest. St.-Peterburg Univ., Ser 10: Prikl. Mat. Inform. No. 3, 76-85 (2010).Google Scholar