Influence of hardening of a material on the stressed state of an elastoplastic shell with internal crack
The problem of determination of the stressed state of an elastoplastic isotropic shell of arbitrary curvature with an internal crack is considered with regard for hardening of a material. We obtain a system of singular integral equations and solve it numerically by the method of mechanical quadratures. We investigate the influence of hardening of a material on the basic characteristics of the stressed state.
KeywordsCylindrical Shell Plastic Zone Singular Integral Equation Transverse Crack Internal Crack
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.F. D. Gakhov, Boundary-Value Problems [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1977).Google Scholar
- 3.M. M. Hordienko, Stress-Strain State of an Elastoplastic Orthotropic Shell of Arbitrary Curvature with Cracks [in Ukrainian], Author’s Abstract of the Candidate-Degree Thesis (Physics and Mathematics), Donetsk (2009).Google Scholar
- 4.V. L. Danilov, “On the formulation of the law of strain hardening,” Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Mekh. Tverd. Tela, No. 6, 146–150 (1971).Google Scholar
- 5.E. N. Dovbnya, V. V. Yartemik, and I. V. Gur’eva, “Stressed state of an elastoplastic isotropic shell with a surface crack with regard for the hardening of the material,” Trudy Inst. Prikl. Mat. Mekh. Nats. Akad. Nauk Ukr., 19, 65–71 (2009).Google Scholar
- 6.A. Yu. Ishlinskii and D. D. Ivlev, Mathematical Theory of Plasticity [in Russian], Fizmatlit, Moscow (2003).Google Scholar
- 7.A. A. Kaminskii and G. V. Galatenko, “Investigation of fatigue crack growth in materials with hardening,” Prikl. Mekh., 20, No. 4, 54–60 (1984); English translation: Int. Appl. Mech., 20, No. 4, 346–351 (1984).Google Scholar
- 8.R. M. Kushnir, M. M. Nykolyshyn, and V. A. Osadchuk, Elastic and Elastoplastic Limit State of Shells with Defects [in Ukrainian], Spolom, Lviv (2003).Google Scholar
- 9.W. Prager, “Hardening of metal in a complex stressed state,” in: Theory of Plasticity [Russian translation], Izd. Inostrannoi Literatury, Moscow (1948), pp. 325–335.Google Scholar
- 10.V. P. Shevchenko, E. N. Dovbnya, and V. A. Tsvang, “Orthotropic shells with cracks (notches), in: Mechanics of Composites [in Russian], Vol. 7: A. N. Guz’, A. S. Kosmodamianskii, V. P. Shevchenko, etc., Stress Concentration: A.S.K., Kiev (1998), pp. 212–249.Google Scholar