Influence of hardening of a material on the stressed state of an elastoplastic shell with internal crack
- 18 Downloads
The problem of determination of the stressed state of an elastoplastic isotropic shell of arbitrary curvature with an internal crack is considered with regard for hardening of a material. We obtain a system of singular integral equations and solve it numerically by the method of mechanical quadratures. We investigate the influence of hardening of a material on the basic characteristics of the stressed state.
KeywordsCylindrical Shell Plastic Zone Singular Integral Equation Transverse Crack Internal Crack
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.F. D. Gakhov, Boundary-Value Problems [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1977).Google Scholar
- 3.M. M. Hordienko, Stress-Strain State of an Elastoplastic Orthotropic Shell of Arbitrary Curvature with Cracks [in Ukrainian], Author’s Abstract of the Candidate-Degree Thesis (Physics and Mathematics), Donetsk (2009).Google Scholar
- 4.V. L. Danilov, “On the formulation of the law of strain hardening,” Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Mekh. Tverd. Tela, No. 6, 146–150 (1971).Google Scholar
- 5.E. N. Dovbnya, V. V. Yartemik, and I. V. Gur’eva, “Stressed state of an elastoplastic isotropic shell with a surface crack with regard for the hardening of the material,” Trudy Inst. Prikl. Mat. Mekh. Nats. Akad. Nauk Ukr., 19, 65–71 (2009).Google Scholar
- 6.A. Yu. Ishlinskii and D. D. Ivlev, Mathematical Theory of Plasticity [in Russian], Fizmatlit, Moscow (2003).Google Scholar
- 7.A. A. Kaminskii and G. V. Galatenko, “Investigation of fatigue crack growth in materials with hardening,” Prikl. Mekh., 20, No. 4, 54–60 (1984); English translation: Int. Appl. Mech., 20, No. 4, 346–351 (1984).Google Scholar
- 8.R. M. Kushnir, M. M. Nykolyshyn, and V. A. Osadchuk, Elastic and Elastoplastic Limit State of Shells with Defects [in Ukrainian], Spolom, Lviv (2003).Google Scholar
- 9.W. Prager, “Hardening of metal in a complex stressed state,” in: Theory of Plasticity [Russian translation], Izd. Inostrannoi Literatury, Moscow (1948), pp. 325–335.Google Scholar
- 10.V. P. Shevchenko, E. N. Dovbnya, and V. A. Tsvang, “Orthotropic shells with cracks (notches), in: Mechanics of Composites [in Russian], Vol. 7: A. N. Guz’, A. S. Kosmodamianskii, V. P. Shevchenko, etc., Stress Concentration: A.S.K., Kiev (1998), pp. 212–249.Google Scholar