Problem of small and normal oscillations of a rotating elastic body filled with an ideal barotropic liquid
- 20 Downloads
An evolutionary problem of small motions of an ideal barotropic liquid filling a rotating isotropic elastic body is studied in the paper. Moreover, the corresponding spectral problem arising in the study of normal motions of the mentioned system is considered. First, we state the evolutionary problem, then we pass to a second-ordered differential equation in some Hilbert space. Based on this equation, we prove the uniqueness theorem for the strong solvability of the corresponding mixed problem. The spectral problem is studied in the second part of the paper. A quadratic spectral sheaf corresponding to the spectral problem was derived and studied. Problems of localization, discreteness, and asymptotic form of the spectrum are considered for this sheaf. The statement of double completeness with a defect for a system of eigenelements and adjoint elements and the statement of essential spectrum of the problem are proved.
KeywordsHilbert Space Cauchy Problem Strong Solution Elastic Body Spectral Problem
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.I. C. Gohberg and M. G. Krein, Introduction to the Theory of Linear Non-Self-Adjoint Operators. Transl. Math. Monogr., 18, Amer. Math. Soc., Providence, Rhode Island (1969).Google Scholar
- 7.N. D. Kopachevskii, S. G. Krein, and N. Z. Kan, Operator Methods in Linear Hydrodynamics. Evolutionary and Spectral Problems [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1989).Google Scholar
- 8.S. G. Krein, Linear Differential Equations in Banach Spaces [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1967).Google Scholar
- 10.J.-L. Lions and E. Magenes, Non-Homogeneous Boundary-Value Problems and Applications, Springer-Verlag, Berlin–New York (1972).Google Scholar
- 11.A. S. Markus, Introduction to the Spectral Theory of Polynomial Operator Sheaves [in Russian], Shtiintsa, Kishinev (1986).Google Scholar
- 12.O. A. Oleinik, G. A. Iosif’yan, and A. S. Shamaev, Mathematical Problems of Strongly Nonuniform Media [in Russian], Moscow State Univ., Moscow (1990).Google Scholar
- 13.M. B. Orazov, Some questions on spectral theory of non-self-adjoint operators and related mechanical problems [in Russian], Doctoral Thesis, Ashkhabad (1982).Google Scholar
- 14.G. V. Radzievskii, Quadratic Operator Sheaves [in Russian], preprint, Kiev (1976).Google Scholar