Boundary-value problem for equations with variable coefficients unsolvable with respect to the higher time derivative
- 20 Downloads
In a cylindrical domain, we study the unique solvability of a boundary-value problem with data given on the whole boundary of the domain for a certain class of linear equations with partial higher-order derivatives that are unsolvable with respect to the higher time derivative with variable coefficients depending on spatial coordinates. The obtained results are transferred to the case where the equation is perturbed by a nonlinear term in the linear part.
KeywordsVariable Coefficient Unique Solvability Cylindrical Domain Small Denominator Dirichlet Type
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Yu. M. Berezanskii, Expansions in Eigenfunctions of Self-Adjoint Operators, Amer. Math. Soc., Providence (1969).Google Scholar
- 8.V. P. Burskii, Methods of Study of Boundary-Value Problems for General Differential Equations [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev ( 2002).Google Scholar
- 10.L. V. Kantorovich and G. P. Akilov, Functional Analysis [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1977).Google Scholar
- 12.V. P. Mikhailov, Partial Differential Equations [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1983).Google Scholar
- 13.B. Yo. Ptashnyk, Ill-Posed Boundary-Value Problems for Partial Differential Equations [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1984).Google Scholar
- 14.V. K. Romanko, Boundary-Value Problems for General Differential Operators with a Separated Variable [in Russian], Author’s Abstract of the Doctoral Degree Thesis (Phys.-Math. Sci.), Moscow (1980).Google Scholar
- 15.D. K. Faddeev and I. S. Somins’kyi, Collection of Problems on Higher Algebra [in Ukrainian], Vyshcha Shkola, Kiev (1971).Google Scholar