On the convergence of solutions of the regularized problem for motion equations of Jeffreys viscoelastic medium to solutions of the original problem
- 29 Downloads
In this work, we consider initial-boundary-value problems for motion equations of a viscoelastic medium with the Jeffreys constitutive law and for motion equations of the regularized Jeffreys model. We obtain a theorem on the convergence of weak solutions of initial-boundary-value problems for the regularized model to weak solutions of the original problem as the regularization parameter tends to zero.
KeywordsWeak Solution Motion Equation Viscoelastic Medium Regularize Problem Incompressible Medium
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. T. Dmitrienko and V. G. Zvyagin, “Investigation of a regularized model of motion of a viscoelastic medium,” in: O. Rozanova, ed., Analytical Approaches to Multidimensional Balance Laws, Nova Science, New York (2004).Google Scholar
- 2.R. V. Goldstein and V. A. Gorodtsov, Mechanics of Continuous Media, Part I [in Russian], Nauka, Fizmatlit, Moscow (2000).Google Scholar
- 3.C. Guillopé and J. C. Saut, “Mathematical problems arising in differential models for viscoelastic fluids,” in: Mathematical Topics in Fluid Mechanics, Longman, Harlow (1993), pp. 64–92.Google Scholar
- 4.W. G. Litvinov, A Model and General Problem on Plastic Flow under Deformations, Bericht, Universität Stuttgart (1999).Google Scholar
- 5.J. G. Oldroyd, “Non-Newtonian flow of fluids and solids,” in: F. R. Eirich, ed., Rheology: Theory and Applications, Academic Press (1956).Google Scholar
- 6.M. Reiner, “Rheology,” in: S. Flugge, ed., Handbuch der Physik, Bd. VI, Springer (1958).Google Scholar
- 7.R. Temam, Navier-Stokes Equations. Theory and Numerical Analysis, North-Holland (1979).Google Scholar
- 9.V. G. Zvyagin and V. T. Dmitrienko, “On the weak solutions of the regularized model of a viscoelastic fluid,” Differ. Uravn., 38, No. 12, 1633–1645 (2002).Google Scholar
- 10.V. G. Zvyagin and D. A. Vorotnikov, Mathematical Models of Non-Newtonian Fluids [in Russian], VSU, Voronezh (2004).Google Scholar