Priority-Oriented Route Network Planning for Evacuation in Constrained Space Scenarios
- 196 Downloads
Evacuation planning in three-dimensional (3D) constrained space scenarios is an important kind of emergency management problems. In this paper, we investigate a path planning problem in constrained space evacuation for 3D scenarios, named the Priority-based Route Network Constructing Problem, which has two objectives of maximizing the evacuation exits’ utilization efficiency and minimizing the whole evacuation delay. We propose a 3-phase heuristic to construct a route network based on the Minimum Weighted Set Cover. In the experimental evaluation, we compare the proposed algorithm with the existing algorithms and implement our algorithm in underground mine evacuation, which is a typical kind of constrained space scenarios. Both types of results indicate our strategy can enhance the utilization efficiency of the escaping exits and guarantee a tolerable range of the global escaping time-consumption with a low running time.
KeywordsPath planning problem Constrained space evacuation 3D scenarios Route network Minimum weighted set cover
Mathematics Subject Classification90B20 90B50 90C35
This research was supported in part by China National Scientific and Technical Support Program (2016YFC0801801), Beijing Natural Science Foundation (4174090), Program of Beijing Excellent Talents Training for Young Scholar (2016000020124G056). Prof. Wu and Prof. Xu were supported in part by China National Natural Science Foundation (41430318, 41272276, 41572222, 41602262), Beijing Natural Science Foundation (8162036) and State Key Laboratory of Coal Resources and Safe Mining.
- 2.Lahmar, M., Assavapokee, T., Ardekani, S.A.: A dynamic transportation planning support system for hurricane evacuation. Intell. Transp. Syst. Conf. 2006, 612–617 (2016)Google Scholar
- 3.Evans, J.: Optimization Algorithms for Networks and Graphs, 2nd edn. Marcel Dekker, New York (1992)Google Scholar
- 6.Ernesto, Q., Vieira, M., Marta, M., Braz, P.: A New Algorithm for Ranking Loopless Paths. Technical Report, Univ. de Coimbra (1997)Google Scholar
- 13.Vogiatzis, C, Walteros, J.L., Pardalos, P.M.: Evacuation through clustering techniques. In: Models, Algorithms, and Technologies for Network Analysis, pp. 185–198. Springer, New York (2013)Google Scholar
- 15.Vogiatzis, C., Pardalos, P.M.: Evacuation Modeling and Betweenness Centrality. International Conference on Dynamics of Disasters. Springer, Cham (2016)Google Scholar