A Nature Inspired Parameter Tuning Approach to Cascade Control for Hydraulically Driven Parallel Robot Platform
- 236 Downloads
This paper presents the optimal tuning of cascade load force controllers for a parallel robot platform. A parameter search for the proposed cascade controller is difficult because there is no methodology to set the parameters and the search space is broad. The proposed parameter search scheme is based on a bat algorithm, which attracts a lot of attention in the evolutionary computation area due to the empirical evidence of its superiority in solving various nonconvex problems. The control design problem is formulated as an optimization problem under constraints. Typical constraints, such as mechanical limits on positions and maximal velocities of hydraulic actuators as well as on servo-valve positions, are included in the proposed algorithm. The simulation results indicate that the proposed optimal tuned cascade control is effective and efficient. These results clearly demonstrate that applied techniques exhibit a significant performance improvement over classical tuning methods.
KeywordsController tuning Constrained optimization Cascade control Bat algorithm Parallel robot platform
Mathematics Subject Classification68T40 68T20 93C10 93C35
The authors would like to express their gratitude to reviewers for their very useful comments and suggestions to improve this paper. This research has been supported by the Serbian Ministry of Education, Science and Technological Development through projects TR33026 and TR33027.
- 6.Filipovic, V., Nedic, N.: PID Regulators. Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Kraljevo (2008)Google Scholar
- 17.Yang, X.S., Deb, S.: Cuckoo search via Levy flights. In: Proceedings of World Congress on Nature & Biologically Inspired Computing. IEEE Publications, USA, pp. 210–214 (2009)Google Scholar
- 18.Yang, X.S., Deb, S.: Engineering optimisation by Cuckoo Search. Int. J. Math. Model. Numer. Optim. 2(4), 330–343 (2010)Google Scholar
- 19.Yang, X.S.: A New Metaheuristic Bat-Inspired Algorithm, Nature Inspired Cooperative Strategies for Optimization, Studies in Computational Intelligence, vol. 284, pp. 65–74. Springer, Berlin (2010)Google Scholar
- 20.Glattfelder, A.H., Schaufelberger, W.: Control Systems with Input and Output Constraints (Advanced Textbooks in Control and Signal Processing). Springer, London (2013)Google Scholar
- 26.Jelali, M., Kroll, A.: Hydraulic Servo-systems. Springer, Berlin (2002)Google Scholar