On Approximate KKT Condition and its Extension to Continuous Variational Inequalities
- 278 Downloads
In this work, we introduce a necessary sequential Approximate-Karush-Kuhn-Tucker (AKKT) condition for a point to be a solution of a continuous variational inequality, and we prove its relation with the Approximate Gradient Projection condition (AGP) of Gárciga-Otero and Svaiter. We also prove that a slight variation of the AKKT condition is sufficient for a convex problem, either for variational inequalities or optimization. Sequential necessary conditions are more suitable to iterative methods than usual punctual conditions relying on constraint qualifications. The AKKT property holds at a solution independently of the fulfillment of a constraint qualification, but when a weak one holds, we can guarantee the validity of the KKT conditions.
KeywordsOptimality conditions Variational inequalities Constraint qualifications Practical algorithms
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Schuverdt, M.L.: Métodos de Lagrangiano aumentado com convergência utilizando a condição de dependência linear positiva constante. Ph.D. Thesis, UNICAMP (2006) Google Scholar
- 3.Andreani, R., Haeser, G., Martínez, J.M.: On sequential optimality conditions for smooth constrained optimization. Optimization (2010). doi: 10.1080/02331930903578700
- 4.Haeser, G.: Condições sequenciais de otimalidade. Ph.D. Thesis, UNICAMP (2009) Google Scholar
- 10.Facchinei, F., Pang, J.-S.: Finite-Dimensional Variational Inequalities and Complementarity Problems. Springer, New York (2003) Google Scholar
- 17.Giannessi, F.: Constrained Optimization and Image Space Analysis, Separation of Sets and Optimality Conditions, vol. 1. Springer, New York (2005) Google Scholar
- 20.Abadie, J.: On the Kuhn-Tucker theorem. In: Abadie, J. (ed.) Nonlinear Programming, pp. 21–36. North-Holland, Amsterdam (1967) Google Scholar