Existence Theorems for Variational Inequalities in Banach Spaces
- 106 Downloads
In this paper, by employing the notion of generalized projection operators and the well-known Fan’s lemma, we establish some existence results for the variational inequality problem and the quasivariational inequality problem in reflexive, strictly convex, and smooth Banach spaces. We propose also an iterative method for approximate solutions of the variational inequality problem and we establish some convergence results for this iterative method.
KeywordsVariational inequalities generalized projection operators KKM theorem fixed points Banach spaces
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Giannessi, F., Theorems of the Alternative, Quadratic Programs, and Complementarity Problems, Variational Inequalities and Complementarity problems, Edited by R. W. Cottle, F. Giannessi, and J. L. Lions, John Wiley and Sons, New York, NY, pp. 151–186, 1980.Google Scholar
- 7.Stampacchia, G., Variational Inequalities: Theory and Applications of Monotone Operators, Edited by A. Ghizzetti, Edizioni Oderisi, Gubbio, Italy, 1969.Google Scholar
- 9.Alber, Ya., Metric and Generalized Projection Operators in Banach Spaces: Properties and Applications, Proceedings of the Israel Seminar on Functional Differential Equations, Ariel, Israel, Vol. 1, pp. 1–21, 1994.Google Scholar
- 10.Demling, K., Nonlinear Functional Analysis, Springer Verlag, Berlin, Germany, 1985.Google Scholar
- 11.Diestel, J., Geometry of Banach Spaces, Lecture Notes in Mathematics, Springer Verlag, Berlin, Germany, Vol. 485, 1975.Google Scholar
- 12.Goebel, K., and Reich, S., Uniform Convexity, Hyperbolic Geometry, and Nonexpansive Mappings, Monographs and Textbooks in Pure and Applied Mathematics, Marcel Dekker, New York, NY, Vol. 83, 1984.Google Scholar
- 13.Alber, Ya., Metric and Generalized Projection Operators in Banach Spaces: Properties and Applications, Theory and Applications of Nonlinear Operators of Monotonic and Accretive Type, Edited by A. Kartsatos, Marcel Dekker, New York, NY, pp. 15–50, 1996.Google Scholar