Densities, Viscosities, Speeds of Sound, FT-IR and 1H-NMR Studies of Binary Mixtures of n-Butyl Acetate with Ethanol, Propan-1-ol, Butan-1-ol and Pentan-1-ol at 298.15, 303.15, 308.15 and 313.15 K
- 359 Downloads
Densities, viscosities and speeds of sound of binary mixtures of ethanol, propan-1-ol, butan-1-ol and pentane-1-ol with n-butyl acetate have been measured over the entire range of composition at temperatures of 298.15, 303.15, 308.15 and 313.15 K and atmospheric pressure. From the experimental densities, viscosities and speeds of sound, the excess molar volumes V E, deviations in viscosity Δη, and deviations in isentropic compressibility Δκ S have been calculated. The excess molar volumes and deviations in isentropic compressibility are positive for all the binary systems studied over the whole composition, while deviations in viscosities are negative for all of the binary mixtures. The excess molar volumes, deviations in viscosity, and deviations in isentropic compressibility have been fitted to a Redlich–Kister type polynomial equation. FTIR and 1H-NMR studies of these mixtures are also reported.
KeywordsDensity Viscosity Speed of sound IR 1H-NMR n-Butyl acetate Alkanols
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Nikam, P.S., Shirsat, L.N., Hasan, M.: Density and viscosity studies of binary mixtures of acetonitrile with methanol, ethanol, propan-1-ol, propan-2-ol, butan-1-ol, 2-methylpropan-1-ol, 2-methylpropan-2-ol at (298.15, 303.15, 308.15 and 313.15) K. J. Chem. Eng. Data 43, 732–737 (1998) CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 3.Nikam, P.S., Jadhav, M.C., Hasan, M.: Molecular interactions in mixtures of dimethylsulfoxide with some alkanols—an ultrasonic study. Acustica Acta Acoust. 83, 86–89 (1997) Google Scholar
- 4.Nikam, P.S., Mahale, T.R., Hasan, M.: Ultrasonic study of alkanols (C1–C4) in binary mixtures containing ethyl acetate as common component. Acustica Acta Acoust. 84, 579–584 (1998) Google Scholar
- 5.Nikam, P.S., Jagdale, B.S., Sawant, A.B., Hasan, M.: Ultrasonic study of binary liquid mixtures of benzonitrile with alkanols (C1–C3) at various temperatures. Acoust. Lett. 22, 199–203 (1999) Google Scholar
- 13.Marsh, K.N.: Recommended Reference Materials for the Realisation of Physicochemical Properties. Blackwell Sci., Oxford (1987) Google Scholar
- 18.Riddick, J.A., Bunger, W.B., Sakano, T.K.: Organic Solvents, Physical Properties and Methods of Purification, Techniques of Chemistry, vol. II, 4th edn. Wiley–Interscience, New York (1986) Google Scholar