Structural and Microstructural Modification Due to 100 KeV Ar+1 Ion Irradiation on YBCO/BSO Composite Thin Film
- 112 Downloads
YBa2Cu3O7−δ /1 wt% BSO composite thin films are grown by pulsed laser deposition. The films are irradiated with 100 KeV Ar+1 ions at room temperature. X-ray diffraction and Raman techniques are used for analysis of structural disorder. The reduction in the intensity of the XRD peaks after irradiation gives a clue of modification occurring in the sample. Raman spectra shows the displacement of apical oxygen O(4) at 500 cm−1 and defect induced peaks appear at 555 and 723 cm−1 on irradiation. Field emission scanning electron microscopy (FESEM) analysis shows the agglomeration of BSO particles by damaging the surface of the film with increase in irradiation fluence. Fluctuation conductivity is analyzed within the framework of Aslamazov-Larkin and Lawrence-Doniach theories that fits well for 3D and 2D regimes.
KeywordsHTSC RAMAN FESEM Irradiation Electrical transport property
The authors would like to thank IOP, Bhubaneswar group for providing the facility of PLD for sample preparation. They also thank Pelletron group of IUAC, New Delhi for providing ion beam irradiation. The authors gratefully acknowledge the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India for providing fellowship to carry out this work.
- 1.Solovjov, A.L., Habermeier, H.U., Haage, T.: Fluctuation conductivity in YBa2Cu3O7−y films of various oxygen content II. YBCO films with T c ≈ 80 K. Fiz. Nizk. Temp. 28, 144–156 (2002)Google Scholar
- 5.Celebi, S., Ozturk, A., Karaca, I., Kolemen, U.: The effect of potassium doping on resistive transitions and transport critical current of bulk YBCO high-Tc superconductors. Turky J. Phy. 24, 567–576 (2000)Google Scholar
- 9.Varanasi, C.V., Burke, J., Wang, H., Lee, J. H., Barnes, P. N.: Thick YBa2Cu3O7−x+BaSnO3 films with enhanced critical current density at high magnetic fields. Appl. Phys. Lett. 092501, 93 (2008)Google Scholar
- 27.Tolpygo, S.K., Lin, J.Y., Gurvitch, M., Hou, S.Y., Phillips, J.M.: Effect of oxygen defects on transport properties and T c of YBa2Cu3O6+x: Displacement energy for plane and chain oxygen and implications for irradiation-induced resistivity and T c suppression. Phys. Rev. B 53, 12462–12474 (1996)CrossRefADSGoogle Scholar
- 31.Lawrence, J., Doniach, S.: Theory of layer structure superconductors. In: Proc. 12th Conf. Low-temp. Phys, Kyoto, (Tokyo, Keigaku), p. 361 (1970)Google Scholar