Thermal-Hydraulic Analysis of PF Coils During Plasma Discharges on EAST
- 126 Downloads
For the consideration of superconducting magnet stability, it is important to keep enough temperature margin under the different operating conditions for the plasma discharge in Tokamak. In order to estimate the stability of the magnets for Experimental Advanced Superconducting Tokamak (EAST), the code SAITOKPF is used to analyze the operating characteristics of the Poloidal Field (PF) coils with the actual operating scenarios. The simulated results are validated by the experimental data. It is found that the heat load of PF1-6 coils is much larger than that of the other coils. Therefore, the investigation is emphasized on the PF1-6 coils. The analysis includes the AC losses, temperature distribution in the space, temperature margin, and maximum temperature of strands.
KeywordsCICC Temperature rise Temperature margin AC losses
The authors would like to thank the engineering team of EAST for their support.
- 1.Wan, Y., Weng, P., Li, J., et al.: Progress of the EAST Project in China (2012) Google Scholar
- 2.Wu, W.Y., Li, B.Z., Zhuning, T.: Design of the PF system for EAST(HT-7U) tokamak. In: 20th IEEE/Npss Symposium on Fusion Engineering, Proceedings, pp. 436–439 (2003) Google Scholar
- 6.Wang, Q.L., Kim, K., Yoon, C.S.: Numerical model for thermal hydraulic analysis in cable-in-conduit-conductors. KSME Int. J. 14(9), 985–996 (2000) Google Scholar
- 10.Bai, H.Y.: Thermodynamic analysis and design of the helium refrigeration system for HT-7U superconducting tokamak. Ph.D. Thesis (2002) Google Scholar
- 11.Bai, H.Y., Bi, Y.F., Wang, J.G., et al.: Cryogenic system for the superconducting tokamak HT-7U. Fus. Sci. Technol. 42(1), 162–166 (2002) Google Scholar